This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Poison type

#11Great_ReapettePosted 9/7/2013 8:13:23 PM
PrimalGiratina posted...
Just keep poison the garbage type it is.

Poison wasn't garbage until Gen 5. Before, it was just sludge. And grime. And deadly neurotoxins.
---
Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.
#12nonoobsfriends(Topic Creator)Posted 9/7/2013 8:18:00 PM
Jaricko posted...
nonoobsfriends posted...
Jaricko posted...
Poison type is fine. I use it all the time. It really only worries about ground and psychic. Its a really good defensive type despite that. Not due to resistances but for its immunity to toxic.

Not really lol its arguably the worst type, at least the poison movepool is and poison type pokemon are pretty terrible, no Ubers maybe some dual typed OUs but im not even sure of that.

Poison is the redheaded stepchild of pokemon types

I will agree poison type moves are largely garbage with a few exceptions. The typing is not bad though. I use poison arceus all the time for example. It is usually better as a support type though. I wish lugia was part poison instead of psychic.

yea youve got a point i guess its not too bad defensively but i still think its pretty awful offensively, only super effective against grass? half damage on ground, rock, ghost, poison and no damage on steel? pretty horrible if you ask me.

They really just need to add new GOOD poison moves or at least make some good poison pokemon with a high BST.
#13E-25Posted 9/7/2013 8:20:14 PM
Great_Reapette posted...
PrimalGiratina posted...
Just keep poison the garbage type it is.

Poison wasn't garbage until Gen 5. Before, it was just sludge. And grime. And deadly neurotoxins.

That last one makes me want to see a Steel/Poison pokemon now...
---
Where did you come from? Where do you go?
Where did you come from, demon-eyed Jho?
#14JarickoPosted 9/7/2013 8:22:36 PM
nonoobsfriends posted...
Jaricko posted...
nonoobsfriends posted...
Jaricko posted...
Poison type is fine. I use it all the time. It really only worries about ground and psychic. Its a really good defensive type despite that. Not due to resistances but for its immunity to toxic.

Not really lol its arguably the worst type, at least the poison movepool is and poison type pokemon are pretty terrible, no Ubers maybe some dual typed OUs but im not even sure of that.

Poison is the redheaded stepchild of pokemon types

I will agree poison type moves are largely garbage with a few exceptions. The typing is not bad though. I use poison arceus all the time for example. It is usually better as a support type though. I wish lugia was part poison instead of psychic.

yea youve got a point i guess its not too bad defensively but i still think its pretty awful offensively, only super effective against grass? half damage on ground, rock, ghost, poison and no damage on steel? pretty horrible if you ask me.

They really just need to add new GOOD poison moves or at least make some good poison pokemon with a high BST.

They kinda did add a good poison move. Its just a bit of work to actually use it. Venoshock is good, requires the opponent to be poisoned though. Which is entirely possible with toxic spikes but getting them out there, keeping them out there ect is a bit of work. And then there are levitating and flying enemies who avoid it.
---
I like Lances!
#15BelligeroPosted 9/7/2013 8:25:48 PM
Acid Spray Tentacruel wrecks unsuspecting trainers.
#16nonoobsfriends(Topic Creator)Posted 9/7/2013 8:29:37 PM
Yea there are a few good poison moves, but i mean other types have a FAR better movepool by a mile than poison like its not even a competition
#17JarickoPosted 9/7/2013 8:33:27 PM
nonoobsfriends posted...
Yea there are a few good poison moves, but i mean other types have a FAR better movepool by a mile than poison like its not even a competition

Ground has a pretty lacking move pool. If EQ did not exist you would be saying the same thing for ground.
---
I like Lances!
#18nonoobsfriends(Topic Creator)Posted 9/7/2013 8:35:30 PM
Jaricko posted...
nonoobsfriends posted...

Ground has a pretty lacking move pool. If EQ did not exist you would be saying the same thing for ground.

Yea youre right lol thank god for EQ and at least theres good ground type pokemon unlike poison.
#19JarickoPosted 9/7/2013 8:38:01 PM
nonoobsfriends posted...
Jaricko posted...
nonoobsfriends posted...

Yea youre right lol thank god for EQ and at least theres good ground type pokemon unlike poison.

There are good poison types. Most of them do not really use their stab though.

Crobat
Toxicroak
Tentacruel
Venusaur
Arceus

In the lower tiers you also have Muk and Weezing.
---
I like Lances!
#20MindwalkerXPosted 9/7/2013 8:58:17 PM
I think that poison should be SE vs water, someone in GF once gave that idea, and since then, i can't help but to agree.

Imo would help to further balance both types, poison being kinda on the weaker end while water being stronger than most.
---
There is much to be done.
White FC: 3697 9203 9465