This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Poison type

#21JarickoPosted 9/7/2013 9:11:25 PM
MindwalkerX posted...
I think that poison should be SE vs water, someone in GF once gave that idea, and since then, i can't help but to agree.

Imo would help to further balance both types, poison being kinda on the weaker end while water being stronger than most.

Would give me a reason to put poison jab on my toxicroaks. At the moment i use that slot for ice punch. Its more commonly useful in OU. But with rain dominance and the fact that toxicroak is healed by water, that would make toxicroak and poison jab a really viable and desired option.
---
I like Lances!
#22nonoobsfriends(Topic Creator)Posted 9/7/2013 9:59:41 PM
Jaricko posted...
nonoobsfriends posted...
Jaricko posted...
nonoobsfriends posted...
Yea there are a few good poison moves, but i mean other types have a FAR better movepool by a mile than poison like its not even a competition

Ground has a pretty lacking move pool. If EQ did not exist you would be saying the same thing for ground.

Yea youre right lol thank god for EQ and at least theres good ground type pokemon unlike poison.

There are good poison types. Most of them do not really use their stab though.

Crobat
Toxicroak
Tentacruel
Venusaur
Arceus

In the lower tiers you also have Muk and Weezing.

Yea but most of those are dualtyped and arceus doesnt really count.

Youre right theres a few good ones but poison is still the worst out of all types when it comes to having good pokemon and movepools and id say typinging advantages as well, i just think its the worst and actually needs some buffing in the move and pokemon department at least.
#23Mello_JelloPosted 9/7/2013 10:05:51 PM
Speaking of poison types why is Gengar poison type anyways? Immunity to toxic is good, but all it really gives Gengar is an extra weakness (Psychic)
#24JarickoPosted 9/7/2013 10:06:07 PM
nonoobsfriends posted...
Jaricko posted...
nonoobsfriends posted...
Jaricko posted...
nonoobsfriends posted...
Yea there are a few good poison moves, but i mean other types have a FAR better movepool by a mile than poison like its not even a competition

Ground has a pretty lacking move pool. If EQ did not exist you would be saying the same thing for ground.

Yea youre right lol thank god for EQ and at least theres good ground type pokemon unlike poison.

There are good poison types. Most of them do not really use their stab though.

Crobat
Toxicroak
Tentacruel
Venusaur
Arceus

In the lower tiers you also have Muk and Weezing.

Yea but most of those are dualtyped and arceus doesnt really count.

Youre right theres a few good ones but poison is still the worst out of all types when it comes to having good pokemon and movepools and id say typinging advantages as well, i just think its the worst and actually needs some buffing in the move and pokemon department at least.

Still waiting for a Poison / Dark pokemon with levitate personally.
---
I like Lances!
#25JarickoPosted 9/7/2013 10:09:55 PM
Mello_Jello posted...
Speaking of poison types why is Gengar poison type anyways? Immunity to toxic is good, but all it really gives Gengar is an extra weakness (Psychic)

Stab sludge bomb is not all bad. Also for balance reasons. In gen 1 ignoring the fact that ghost type moves sucked, ghost type would have been pretty incredible as dark type did not exist yet. It also eventually got levitate, removing the ground weakness.
---
I like Lances!
#26nonoobsfriends(Topic Creator)Posted 9/7/2013 10:20:55 PM
oh yea i totally forgot gengar is also poison type.....thats why hes weak to psychic i always think its because it super effective against ghost lol

and yes a poison dark pokemon would definitely be cool and if it had a good BST that would be awesome