This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So... what's up with guys who pick the girl character?

#1JagusPosted 9/8/2013 4:17:03 PM
Why do you do it? I tried it once, felt weird, and started over.
---
No, marriage is about love. It fails because people think love can be reduced to a feeling. - On the Edge
#2MasterAdeptAlexPosted 9/8/2013 4:18:13 PM
They find the girl character attractive...I guess?
---
"There is good in this world, Mr.Frodo.....and it's all worth fighting for." Samwise Gamgee in Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
#3Great_ReapettePosted 9/8/2013 4:18:15 PM
I did it when doing Gen III so it looked like I was trading with other people. So it looked like I had friends.
---
Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.
#4p00platysPosted 9/8/2013 4:19:57 PM
I've disliked the majority of the male designs over the last few gens.
---
i7-3970x Extreme 4.7GHz | EVGA GeForce GTX Titan x2 | Samsung 840 EVO 1TB SSD x2 | WD Black 4TB HDD x2 | G.Skill Trident X 24GB DDR3-2800 | ASRock X79 Extreme11
#5EnixRocksPosted 9/8/2013 4:20:01 PM
I choose based purely on aesthetics in Pokémon games. Sometimes the male character is ugly and other times it's the girl I can't stand.

In a few games (not Pokémon) I have chosen women at times because they have higher speed, but it seems like less games are doing that these days so I usually choose the man now.
---
I only laugh at pain, and it's about to get real funny.
#6FuneralCakePosted 9/8/2013 4:20:31 PM
People who do that are comfortable enough with their sexuality that it won't bother them.
---
YOU WANT SOME FUNERAL TO GO WITH THAT CAKE?
why aren't you laughing at me? everything i say is funny and adorable
#7Jagus(Topic Creator)Posted 9/8/2013 4:21:40 PM
FuneralCake posted...
People who do that are comfortable enough with their sexuality that it won't bother them.

Really has nothing to do with sexuality and more to do with gender identity if anything
---
No, marriage is about love. It fails because people think love can be reduced to a feeling. - On the Edge
#8SuperSonicDBZPosted 9/8/2013 4:23:36 PM
There will always be men who pick women as playable characters in Pokemon games. There's nothing wrong with it.

Not everyone views the playable character as themselves. In my main PKMN game, I pick a boy (I am male) and name it after me. That guy IS me.

In subsequent PKMN games (let's use Black 2 as an example) I pick a girl, give her a different name (used the name Kaede for Black 2) and started the game up. Why? Because it wasn't me. It was just a character to play. Like does it feel weird if you play a female fighter in a fighting game? Not to me.

And sometimes, and in some games, you just rather stare at the backside of a female then a male.

Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it much, TC. Long story short, if a Man is playing as a Female, they aren't playing the female as an extension of themselves n the game like you are when you are playing a male.
---
Donnel is my # 1 bro. We fist bump, slay some risen, eat some chicken strips, bomb the Valmese and steal sugar from Gaius on a daily basis. Like a Boss. FE:A
#9Jump_Man7Posted 9/8/2013 4:26:41 PM
I played as the girl twice in Black. It wasn't as weird as I thought it would be
---
||Our the Yoshi||
||The One True Character||
#10_Shadownite_Posted 9/8/2013 4:28:59 PM
Bored on a subsequent playthrough and felt like changing it up.