This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Where did you pre-order and what is your plan for that day/night?

#11MM125Posted 9/8/2013 10:08:02 PM
If my GameStop isn't having a midnight release, I'll just be there first thing in the morning, and play a bit on the bus ride home.
---
Oooh, MM, he be tryin' you, dawg. He be tryin' you. Best mind you biiiiiiiz-ness. ~KMA
*triple z snap* ~AluminumTicket
#12kirbydude385Posted 9/8/2013 10:08:43 PM
pre-ordered at gamestop

probably pick it up around 11am. then the pokemon club and pokemon class at berkeley are having a launch party that afternoon evening
---
Official Manectric and Creator of the B/W, BW2, and XY Boards Clan
Official Dawn of the BW2 Boards
Khaini: ImSooBipolar - 14x Luminous
#13CA0001Posted 9/8/2013 10:09:15 PM
I'm not from the USA so the shop I ordered from won't mean a thing here.

But hopefully my freelance job would have ended by then and I can focus fully on playing X and Y till my next job.

I will probably play the game for 24 hours straight or something on the day.
---
FC: 0518 8972 2483 (Black) 0046 9893 2351 (White2)
#14smallface_gray(Topic Creator)Posted 9/8/2013 10:24:15 PM
MrMaho posted...
I don't remember hearing about Walmart doing midnight releases. Well at least not my Walmart, since I work in Electronics and all...

But anyway, I plan on taking off from work on that day and just play X/Y with friends.

Well, the Walmart(s) in my city is open 24/7. Technically at midnight if I ask an associate for my copy, they can give it to me. (assuming they aren't stupid). The overnight crew would more than likely be stocking/merchandising it from 1-3am anyways.
#15MrMahoPosted 9/8/2013 10:27:15 PM
smallface_gray posted...
MrMaho posted...
I don't remember hearing about Walmart doing midnight releases. Well at least not my Walmart, since I work in Electronics and all...

But anyway, I plan on taking off from work on that day and just play X/Y with friends.

Well, the Walmart(s) in my city is open 24/7. Technically at midnight if I ask an associate for my copy, they can give it to me. (assuming they aren't stupid). The overnight crew would more than likely be stocking/merchandising it from 1-3am anyways.

Haha, yeah we're open 24/7 as well, but I believe we end up stocking our own games instead of the overnighters. But yeah, who knows. Maybe there's a midnight release at my Walmart as well, but I just never got approached about it really.
---
Official Miror Admin with Shadow Gardevoir and Shadow Dusclops
#16smallface_gray(Topic Creator)Posted 9/8/2013 10:31:52 PM
MrMaho posted...
smallface_gray posted...
MrMaho posted...

Haha, yeah we're open 24/7 as well, but I believe we end up stocking our own games instead of the overnighters. But yeah, who knows. Maybe there's a midnight release at my Walmart as well, but I just never got approached about it really.

Let me ask you this: has there been a big game release while you've been there, and did it arrive at your store before the release date? Because I'm guessing it gets there 1 week to a few days before Oct. 12. If it is there and has been scanned in by receiving, I'm betting I can talk someone into gettin it out of the back. They probably won't even have to look hard because it will be on their freight.
#17MrMahoPosted 9/8/2013 10:42:57 PM(edited)
smallface_gray posted...
MrMaho posted...
smallface_gray posted...
MrMaho posted...

Let me ask you this: has there been a big game release while you've been there, and did it arrive at your store before the release date? Because I'm guessing it gets there 1 week to a few days before Oct. 12. If it is there and has been scanned in by receiving, I'm betting I can talk someone into gettin it out of the back. They probably won't even have to look hard because it will be on their freight.

Well yes, I've held some games that weren't supposed to be released for another week or so. I was just told by a coworker that they don't do midnight releases, but dunno. I'll have to ask next time if we do them...again. We'll probably have overstock with Pokemon X/Y. It's going to kill me to hold X/Y a week before the release date and not be able to play it D:...
---
#18rioCLASHPosted 9/8/2013 10:43:33 PM
The GameStop I pre-ordered it at went out of business/closed/whatever so they sent all the reservations to a different store which is a bit further out of the way. Wah.

Anyway, I'll probably go pick it up after I wake up and get ready for the day. Play for a couple hours and then go to my sister's baby shower.
---
White FC: 0519 5142 2677
Black2 FC: 0949 3544 4071
#19smallface_gray(Topic Creator)Posted 9/8/2013 10:45:15 PM
I just don't see why they would not. The point of a midnight release in a store like game stop is that they are open during hours they normally would be closed. Walmart never ends lol, and after midnight, it's October 12. What am I supposed to wait inside the store for a few hours until someone finally says "Okay". Technically everything in there is midnight release. I think in the days of playstation 2, the phrase midnight release just become common because people knew they could wait until midnight and be the first one, but 100 other people had the same idea.
#20MrMahoPosted 9/8/2013 10:50:04 PM
smallface_gray posted...
I just don't see why they would not. The point of a midnight release in a store like game stop is that they are open during hours they normally would be closed. Walmart never ends lol, and after midnight, it's October 12. What am I supposed to wait inside the store for a few hours until someone finally says "Okay". Technically everything in there is midnight release. I think in the days of playstation 2, the phrase midnight release just become common because people knew they could wait until midnight and be the first one, but 100 other people had the same idea.

Well, clearly you're not the only one who finds it odd. That's why I'll probably ask someone else about it, maybe like a manager...since the coworker I asked may have not been the brightest person ever.
---