This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Idea: A Cheating Gym Leader (breaking the 6 poke rule with more than 1 fight.)

#1Chaos_ColonelPosted 9/9/2013 1:14:32 AM
Kinda an idea I wish would show up in some way, but a "Cheating" Gym leader.

In the idea I'd pictured, I'd imagined a new Yellow Version being made, with a three stage Giovanni fight.

Upon reaching the end of Viridian Gym, Giovanni hands the reigns over to Jessie and James momentarily. They fight you with the boss's pokemon, Kingler, Rhydon, Charizard, basically whatever strong pokemon were on hand. After you defeat them, Giovanni immediately begins the fight, leaving you weakened from the fight prior. Finally, you have the Badge, but don't get the TM. Mewtwo breaks free as he does in the show, and you must fight a second "Giovanni" with a single lvl 55 Mewtwo. It then retreats, and Giovanni goes through the normal "Team Rocket is Disbanded forever!" sketch.

So effectively the fight would go

Round 1 (Jessie and James): Kingler lv 48, Marowak lv 47, Charizard lv 48, Exeggutor lv 48, Weezing lv 45, Arbok lv 45.
Round 2 (Giovanni): Dugtrio lvl 49, Rhydon lv 49, Nidoking lv 50, Nidoqueen lvl 50, Persian lv 53
Round 3 (Giovanni 2): Mewtwo lvl 55

What do you guys think, should we get a Gym leader who ignores some important rule like 6 pokemon limit?

We've had some generic fights as the grunts swarm with their two Rattatas or their Trubbish and Patrat, but usually they end up just being 6 pokemon anyway.
#2TherianReturnsPosted 9/9/2013 1:15:57 AM
I like it. More EXP. (:
---
I am the only true Pokemon fan. Find me at: http://www.youtube.com/user/AdventOfTherian/about
3DS FC: 1891 1428 1023 - add for Pokemon X/Y
#3Skull_proPosted 9/9/2013 1:16:55 AM
The ''Break pokemon limit'' rule has already been broken twive.

Greevil and Ghetsis both own 7 pokemons and both use a legendary as their first pokemon.
---
Live like a windrammer as you **** while seeing futures in balls-Whoever wrote to AVGN
3DS FC: 4339-2730-2396
#4Duskull24Posted 9/9/2013 1:17:52 AM(edited)
Correct me if I'm wrong but in BW2 doesn't Ghetsis battle you with Black/White Kyurem, then immediately after, his full team of 6 pokemon?

EDIT: Damn ninjas
---
Not changing this sig until Gamefreak brings back the Trick Master. Started 9-19-10
#5LightningAce11Posted 9/9/2013 1:20:04 AM
This sounds cool. We need challenges like this.
---
"Servant woman, bring me a drying cloth at once!" - Vegeta to Bulma
#6EnzanChaudPosted 9/9/2013 1:37:02 AM
I'm pretty sure this Also happened in Pokemon XD with the whole Final battle with Shadow Lugia
#7-hotdogturtle--Posted 9/9/2013 1:44:53 AM
This isn't any different than 2 trainers battling you consecutively, which has happened in almost every Pokemon game already.
---
Hey man, LlamaGuy did encrypt the passwords.
With what? ROT-13? -CJayC
#8PPPPLAASSUMAPosted 9/9/2013 3:29:25 AM
Wasn't there a double battle gym leader somewhere too?

Anyway, yeah, sure whatever. Sounds good. I honestly wouldn;t be surprised to see something liek this in the new one. I have a feeling it's not going to be straight up same ol pokecrap this gen
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtxCr5ju2EE&feature=related - If you played Mystical Ninja 64, you need to click this.
#9Luigi playerPosted 9/9/2013 3:32:05 AM
as long as you can't heal up inbetween it's fine. anything else has happened before and is just as easy.
---
I'm a the Luigi master!
www.freewebs.com/luigi_player/