This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Different mini-games/alternate activities, such as becoming a Pokemon Ranger etc

#1Emerald_FlashPosted 9/9/2013 2:13:27 AM(edited)
80/80

Would you be opposed to or in favor of having different things to do in game, to break the capture/battle monotony?

I know Pokemon Rangers have their own game, but I think it would be a cool addition to the main games as well, just without a story that is dependent on it. So you could, say, become a Pokemon Ranger and do random or repeatable missions, or even missions that are part of a side story. I would just like to see this in a main game within the bounds of a main region, as a sort of career opportunity. You would get standard Ranger gear and a cool, updated Ranger outfit. Perhaps NPCs would even address you differently, some with respect.

Or they could change up breeding, so you'd actually have to take care of your Pokemon, by feeding them, cleaning them, and just making sure they are comfortable, and this could effect the IVs and moves that would be yielded for the hatched Pokemon. You could even have your own Pokefarm somewhere. Of course, for those breeders that like to stay true to the old system, neglecting to bathe/feed/take care of your Pokemon would simply cause the offspring to be born the old way, with the old IV-passing mechanic and basic moves. Actually, instead of "neglecting" them, you could just have a friend that takes care of them for you (a friend that just likes to farm, that's his thing, don't judge his simplistic view of the world), but as they are not HIS/HER Pokemon, the IVs/moves will not be determined in the way that they would if YOU had taken care of them. And the farm could be used to grow your berries and whatever else would make sense, with your friend basically running the operation and seeing to the upkeep of the grounds.

So, what do you guys think? It's likely to never happen, but the idea itself is something I find entertaining. Things that you don't have to do, that simply add a little spice to the game.

Bonus points to anyone else that makes a contribution in the form of something similar to these ideas.
---
Official Latios of the Pokemon X/Y Boards
Saying inb4 does not make you cool, or clever. It actually makes you seem like a troll.
#2Emerald_Flash(Topic Creator)Posted 9/9/2013 4:16:30 AM
Bump for ideas and creative outlets.
---
Official Latios of the Pokemon X/Y Boards
Saying inb4 does not make you cool, or clever. It actually makes you seem like a troll.