This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will Mega Ampharos be better than Zekrom in metagame terms?

#1RahjikPosted 9/9/2013 8:38:23 AM
Everyone is always complaining about Ampharos becoming Electric/Dragon, but I see it as an opportunity to shine with a dual-typing that was very underdeveloped with Zekrom. Assuming that Amphy gets a few good special attacking dragon moves, do you think he will be better than Zekrom in the metagame? He's already a really good Tank.
---
Pokemon Black 2 Friend Code: 0691-7424-6296
#2JoJoX200Posted 9/9/2013 8:40:26 AM
Amphy is non legendary, Zekrom is a cover legend. In a direct comparison, Zekrom will always win. Which one makes better use of the typing is something we have yet to see.
---
http://jojodee.deviantart.com/ -- Fakemons and other stuff
#3FattitudePosted 9/9/2013 8:40:47 AM
Unlikely.

He'll probably be good, but not uber. Probably OU.
---
(>^_^)>(>O_o)>
y helo thar
#4Rahjik(Topic Creator)Posted 9/9/2013 8:42:19 AM
Zekroms biggest flaw is that he doesn't gain decent enough physical moves to use his massive attack stat.... whereas, Ampharos has really good special moves, and is getting a nice boost to his Sp.Atk as well.
---
#5JoJoX200Posted 9/9/2013 8:58:14 AM
Rahjik posted...
Zekroms biggest flaw is that he doesn't gain decent enough physical moves to use his massive attack stat.... whereas, Ampharos has really good special moves, and is getting a nice boost to his Sp.Atk as well.

I wanted to write that, but then I relized it got Bolt Strike and isn't Bolt Strike pretty good? 85 accuracy is not great, but it has 130 power and no other draw back.
---
http://jojodee.deviantart.com/ -- Fakemons and other stuff
#6LexifoxPosted 9/9/2013 8:58:59 AM
Rahjik posted...

Where was it said that Ampharos gets any stat boost?
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#7ssbmrocksPosted 9/9/2013 9:05:00 AM
Also, Ampharos doesn't learn any dragon moves outside of Outrage from B2W2 tutors, so unless Amphy gets an attack boost, or they give it some new dragon moves in X/Y, it won't really be able to take advantage of it's new typing offensively.
---
Them ain't your funyuns, them's Foxxy's funyuns.
#8Rahjik(Topic Creator)Posted 9/9/2013 9:05:45 AM
Oh yeah, you're right, lol. Even if it doesn't, its still an Amphabulous pokemon.
---
#9LexifoxPosted 9/9/2013 9:09:19 AM
ssbmrocks posted...
Also, Ampharos doesn't learn any dragon moves outside of Outrage from B2W2 tutors, so unless Amphy gets an attack boost, or they give it some new dragon moves in X/Y, it won't really be able to take advantage of it's new typing offensively.

Official sources said that the Dragon typing would improve the power of moves like Dragon Pulse, suggesting that it'll get an improved movepool of some kind.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#10CalciferJenkinsPosted 9/9/2013 9:09:23 AM
ssbmrocks posted...

Hasn't it been seen using dragon pulse?
---
Thank you, gentlemen! Someday, I will repay you. Unless, of course, I can't find you or if I forget.