This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Has playing Pokemon made you a social stigma among your friends that...

• Topic Archived
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Has playing Pokemon made you a social stigma among your friends that...

User Info: RoleOfGSHC

RoleOfGSHC
3 years ago#61
No.

Pokemon hasn't been treated like that since I hit high school.
Empress of the Jovian Empire
Mechanical Advisor for Golden Sun: Adept's Refuge

User Info: 12fingerJIM

12fingerJIM
3 years ago#62
Maybe in like middle school, but after that no, in fact playing Pokémon was pretty normal, I know a lot of guys that would play the older ones in class.
\o/ Praise the Sun \o/
Official Dunsparce of the Pokemon X/Y Boards

User Info: Quantumpencil

Quantumpencil
3 years ago#63
Thankfully, I have a good group of non-judgmental friends who are all a little nerdy themselves (classical musicians, math guys, computer dorks) so it's never been an issue for me.

I have definitely encountered crap from people I don't care about much though, friends of siblings and the like.
"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life." ~Berthold Auerbach
*Harvard Class of 2012 *

User Info: evoxpisces

evoxpisces
3 years ago#64
In high school my friends played Pokemon with me. In college they were "too cool" to play it and I kept it to myself that I still did. Now as an adult I could care less. Sometimes my friends tease me about it but I don't care. They're just joking and it's their loss anyway - they're the ones missing out on these epic adventures!
3DS FC: 3609-1124-3955

User Info: EmeraldRange

EmeraldRange
3 years ago#65
No.

That's because just about everyone has played pokemon at one point. They just dont have what I call "pokepride." And they form this ridiculous circle where everyone in the group acts as if they don't play pokemon to get along with each other.
Don't read this sentence.

User Info: XWolfO

XWolfO
3 years ago#66
Not at all. I was only teased about it in high school, but everyone's fine with it now.
Woof...

User Info: Jerreldulay

Jerreldulay
3 years ago#67
Nope, never actually been criticised for playing a certain game. I even discovered some casual mates of mine, who are the manliest of dudes, really enjoy playing the games.

User Info: RDS1

RDS1
3 years ago#68
What friends?

To clarify so it's less depressing, all of my friends also play Pokemon.
Official Bride and Wife of Noire
(of the Fire Emblem Awakening message board)

User Info: Xereint

Xereint
3 years ago#69
Insult their lack of childhood. That'll show em

User Info: Merc123

Merc123
3 years ago#70
Back in middle school for me Pokemon was uncool, that was Ruby and Sapphire. No one really played it anymore and i didn't either, Missed out on that Gen until i went back years later and played Emerald.

I got back into Pokemon in Gen IV in High School. I would play it during Study hall or in class with the volume off or headphones on. Some people tried to give me a hard time but i brushed it off and they left me alone. More people were actually into Pokemon again. I guess High School kids thinking its retro and stuff you know.

My close friends actually got back into Pokemon when i decided to get back into it. We all ended up getting Diamond or Pearl and eventually all got Platinum and got into Gen V as well. I am the only one with a 3DS though, but my friends do eventually plan to get one and X or Y.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Has playing Pokemon made you a social stigma among your friends that...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived