This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

who else is hoping we dont get any shots of starter evo's until...

#1paiprPosted 9/9/2013 5:31:53 PM
..after the game is out?

personally im hoping they dont get shown. i want to be surprised. and yeah sure i can just not look online. but honestly pokemon sites make up most of the web sites i go to, add to that if they are revealed there is bond to be some random moment where a web site, or magazine or something has a picture of them. after this next corocoro i plan to avoid info, and honestly i just really want to be excited of the unknown the moment i realize my chespin is evolving, unsure of what im about to see.
---
.....said an almost 30 year old married guy driving a van around for a living
3ds my fc, 0602-6823-9646, my wifes 0146.9112.0071
#2jfx_zeroPosted 9/9/2013 5:35:39 PM
I think back to every previous release and love that they showed us what our cute little critters were going to turn into. I think that's always been a huge draw for the series. I mean, the initial two versions had their evolutions right on the cover! Plus, I'm pretty eagerly awaiting what their final evos will look like. Much more selfishly, I don't want to get a starter that ends up looking horrible. So I would have to say no.
---
Check out my music page at: chrisbyerly.bandcamp.com or soundcloud.com/chris-byerly
#3jayman7Posted 9/9/2013 5:37:20 PM(edited)
jfx_zero posted...
I think back to every previous release and love that they showed us what our cute little critters were going to turn into.

Not in the fourth gen they didn't. And in the fifth, the official reveal was mere days before the games' release, and even then only the middle forms.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#4pm_videogamePosted 9/9/2013 5:37:33 PM
I wouldn't mind knowing what the 2nd stage is, but I wouldn't want to know the final evolution or the final type until I can experience at least one of them myself.
---
Playing: Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate (free version), Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F (ENG), Mario & Luigi: Dream Team, and Pokemon Black (getting ready for X/Y).
#5PlasmashedgehogPosted 9/9/2013 5:45:28 PM
As Samuarott proved; knowing the second form should be disregarded for determining the final's looks (what were they thinking with this thing?)
---
someone in a parallel dimension is trying to find Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give You Up",but can only find videos of the upcoming pokemon.
#6jEr3mYPosted 9/9/2013 5:51:44 PM
I don't mind if they're shown... I'm thinking of leaving this board and Pokemon sites til I get the game... I want them to be a surprise
---
Non-Specific Action Figure has to be in the next Super Smash Bros game. If you agree, send me a message. Number of people who agree: 19 - updated 27 August 2013
#7ibrokethedamPosted 9/9/2013 6:18:50 PM
I want them to be a surprise, but then I don't want to play through half the game only to find out I picked a starter that I hate. Although to be honest, I haven't really liked a final evolution design for any starter since gen 2.
#8paipr(Topic Creator)Posted 9/10/2013 1:08:32 AM
ibrokethedam posted...
I want them to be a surprise, but then I don't want to play through half the game only to find out I picked a starter that I hate. Although to be honest, I haven't really liked a final evolution design for any starter since gen 2.

Completely valid. And that be frustrating as well. But still the surprise is wbat im shooting for. I need to tread carefully the next month or so.
---
.....said an almost 30 year old married guy driving a van around for a living
3ds my fc, 0602-6823-9646, my wifes 0146.9112.0071
#9wind64aPosted 9/10/2013 1:24:35 AM
Plasmashedgehog posted...
As Samuarott proved; knowing the second form should be disregarded for determining the final's looks (what were they thinking with this thing?)

Young trainee, skilled samurai, old teacher

And we all know those ancient instructors are terrifyingly powerful due to the sheer level of skill they've achieved. Samurott can stand up, it just requires more effort.
---
Badge Case [Time Badge]
StrifeHart is my OTP. services performed at BSC: 2 Riley's Boyfriend on the Pokemon BW2 & X boards. W1 FC: 4170 0917 6393
#10PlasmashedgehogPosted 9/10/2013 5:58:19 AM
wind64a posted...
Plasmashedgehog posted...

Young trainee, skilled samurai, old teacher

And we all know those ancient instructors are terrifyingly powerful due to the sheer level of skill they've achieved. Samurott can stand up, it just requires more effort.

Not in the games. (where it matters)
---
someone in a parallel dimension is trying to find Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give You Up",but can only find videos of the upcoming pokemon.