This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm so confused with the legendaries...which one is most powerful?

#1NordiniPosted 9/9/2013 9:37:45 PM
-LONG LONG POST. SKIP TO BOTTOM IF YOU JUST WANT TO ANSWER-
haven't played since G/S/C so I've been reading up on all the new legendaries.

- First we had the three legendary birds. Moltres and Articuno are the source and cradle of the oceans and Zapdos' energy creates the currents and streams.
-You have Lugia who was the guardian of the ocean and master of the bird trio.
-You have Ho-Oh who was the guardian of the skies.
-You have mew who is the ancestor of all pokemon and mewtwo as a result of human experiments
-You also have Entei, Raikou, and Suicune who are pretty unimportant but were just created by Ho-Oh after the burning of the brass tower. They don't seem to really control anything but just symbolize the aspects of that event.

---EVERYTHING'S clear with me up to that point. Things seem to make sense. One would think that's enough "Legendary" and "all-powerful" pokemon for any universe. But I see that is just the beginning.----

-You get celebi. Also pretty unimportant. Just the guardian of some forest.
-Then you get Regigigas who apparently pulled the continents together and created the legendary golemn trio:regirock, regice, and registeel. That sounds powerful but these guys are even less important because they can be caught and trained in pokeballs whereas the legendary birds would cause a "cataclysm" if they were caught in one and the beasts are similar.
-Then you get latios and latias which are SO unimportant they don't even bother with a legend behind them.

-Then you get groudon, kyogre, and rayquaza which are apparently super ancients that represent the atmosphere, lithosphere, and hydrosphere. They shaped the oceans and earth and They are apparently super powerful BUT this directly contradicts the fact that the legendary birds shaped the oceans...

-Jirachi. Is a genie. He can grant wishes. Really? So does this make him the most powerful? What if the wish was the annihilation of every other pokemon? I guess that's pretty powerful.

-Deoxys which is just some virus from space. Can't really be the most powerful even though he has cool forms.

-The lake guardians uxie, mesprit, and azelf. Gee never heard the guardian thing before. Not powerful/irrelevant

---THE CREATION TRIO--- which name even implies it is the most powerful. Dialga which controls time, Palkia which controls space, and Giratina which controls antimatter? Getting a little ridiculous here but Lol okay, well one would think since these three basically control all aspects of the universe, they pretty much render everything else useless....unless jirachi grants some epic wish.

-Lunar duo, and sea guardians, just repetitive and useless. Representing phases of the moon can't make you very powerful, and we have enough guardians of the seas apparently.
-Heatran doesn't even deserve recognition
-Neither does shaymin
-Nor Victini. Useless.

-Then we have Arceus. Basically God. Apparently the creator of the pokemon universe. But wait, I thought that's what the CREATION trio was for? Is this guy the most powerful then? I would imagine so. But there's always genie-jirachi

-Swords of justice. Irrelevant
-forces of nature. irrelevant.
-Moeletta. lol.

-Genesect. Apparently once on the track to being the most powerful pokemon, but that seems pretty unlikely given we have a God and a creation trio...and things that pull together continents and shape oceans.

-AS IF every aspect of the universe wasn't already controlled, we now get Xerneas, controlling life, and Yveltal controlling destruction.

----

WTF? How many "All-powerful" beings can you put into one Universe. Apparently some of them contradict each other or some legends are just plain wrong. It's impossible to keep track of all these Legendary Beings and how can you know which one is the most powerful?
---
AC:NL FC: 5129-1061-9029
Name: Norden City: IowaCity
#2RahjikPosted 9/9/2013 9:43:38 PM
DBZ would like to have a word with you.

The answer to your question: You can never have enough All-Powerful being XD
---
Pokemon Black 2 Friend Code: 0691-7424-6296
#3javel34Posted 9/9/2013 9:45:19 PM
Celebi can go back in time and murder Arceus.
---
Black 2 FC: 3569 1730 6208 She would return every so often. Her lips tasted like tragedy, but he could never forget her. How could he when she was always near?
#4LtCmdDudefellaPosted 9/9/2013 9:51:14 PM
I think you need to do more research.
#5PlasmWraithPosted 9/9/2013 9:52:23 PM
Heatran is the most powerful
---
( [] )
#6LightningAce11Posted 9/9/2013 9:53:24 PM
Rahjik posted...
Marvel and DC would like to have a word with you.

Ftfy
---
"Servant woman, bring me a drying cloth at once!" - Vegeta to Bulma
#7TruePowerSeekerPosted 9/9/2013 9:53:33 PM
Rahjik posted...
DBZ would like to have a word with you.

The answer to your question: You can never have enough All-Powerful being XD

DBZ has hit the wall at this point. BotG they explicitly state that Whis is 100% the strongest in the universe followed by Bills.

However in the other 11 universes there might be a stronger god of destruction. However in the DBZ universe of the 7th universe he is the strongest period.
---
http://tinyurl.com/ck8fqvn
http://tinyurl.com/kwzh647
#8morgoth834Posted 9/9/2013 9:54:30 PM
LightningAce11 posted...
Rahjik posted...
Marvel and DC would like to have a word with you.

Ftfy

Yep.
#9JackSolomonPosted 9/9/2013 10:13:07 PM
M'kay, let me see if I can get this right...

So Arceus creates the universe. He creates Dialga and Palkia to govern time and space, respectively. Giratina is supposed to govern the border between the Reverse Dimension and ours, but s*** goes down, and it's sealed there. Stuff continues going on in the Pokemon universe, and the lump of stuff that would become the Pokemon world comes together.

Arceus creates an entire species of Pokemon: Mew. The Mew species is gifted with the ability to change into whatever it wants. And they are displeased with the world they have been given. So some of them change into other Pokemon, far more powerful Pokemon, Groudon and Kyogre.

Together, Groudon and Kyogre create the continents and the oceans respectively, but wage war upon each other for territory, breaking apart each others creations. So a new Mew steps forward and becomes Rayquaza, calming them and putting them to sleep, before taking to the skies. However, the Mew are displeased with their current world, the continents are scattered into pieces from the war, and what's left of the oceans are still and dead. They are left with little more than what they began.

So a Mew changes into a Regigigas, and pulls the Continents together. Two Mew become Moltres and Articuno, and refill the oceans. Another becomes Zapdos, and sparks currents through the oceans, filling them with energy. But again the three are rivals, and another Mew steps up to calm them, becoming Lugia, and declaring dominance over the oceans, and when the three escape it's rule to the skies, they find the newly transformed Ho-oh waiting for them, sending them crashing back to the ocean and into Lugia's rule.

Now with a world all their own, the Mew explore, and evolve, changing into all manner of Pokemon, the ones we know, and the ones we have yet to see.

But Arceus foresees a problem: As the Mew transform, they lose the peaceful natures they once possessed, and attack each other. As the species continues to change, their will be no Mew left to make peace. And so Arceus creates a new species: Humans.

The humans evolve, they learn to work alongside Pokemon, and some develop powers all their own. Eventually, they reach the point where they can capture Pokemon. Still, what once were Mew wage war, but the humans keep them from truly doing harm to one another.

I think that's most of the important ones? That make most of 'em fit together?
#10bakkahentai8600Posted 9/9/2013 10:19:23 PM
Personally, I've always believed that the characters never actually caught the legendaries and just captured avatars created by them so they can observe humans. That's why they hardly live up to their reputation and why some are strangely weak. It's also why you can use Groudon without droughting half the region and why most NPCs aren't impressed. It's also why you don't take on Groudon and Kyogre in Emerald... They're the real ones.

So story wise Arceus is the most powerful.
---
Previously the_sage2600
I'm baaaacccckkkkk