This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Mega Venusaur moveset

#1mewinatorPosted 9/10/2013 6:07:02 AM
I intend on using Bulbasaur during my playthrough, and naturally my friends will be using Charmander and Squirtle as well (Kanto starters everywhere)! I intend on using Mega Venusaur but i was wanting to get an opinion of what a potential moveset for it could be. Obviously it needs to cater to Thick Fat. But outside of that i am not entirely sure.

Anyone have an opinion?
---
Metatron: The only demon who hits you by saluting hitler, and casts spells by shrugging.
#2Lone_HunterPosted 9/10/2013 6:15:12 AM
Leech seed is almost a must. Sleep/Poison Powder is nice. All that will start racking up massive passive damage and heal you since you will not have lefties or Black Sludge.
---
~Elite Divided Leader / TFC: Street Fighter / PBL: Wiseman~
(W2)2924-7521-0718
#3Faust_8Posted 9/10/2013 6:19:41 AM
Pretty much any Grass Pokemon with decent defenses can own the single player with the Leech Seed+Giga Drain combo. Leftovers helps seal the deal but you can't use that if you want to Mega evolve.

It should be especially potent on Mega Venusaur since his defenses get a boost and he only fears Psychic and Flying attacks, so he can probably tank extremely well with HP-gaining moves like that. So I say Leech Seed, Giga Drain, Poison/Sleep Powder, and then a coverage move, or something like that. Perhaps you could use another attack instead of the Powder attack.
---
I'm not against religion. I'm against all bad ideas, held for bad reasons, prompting bad behavior.
#4Dark_Link92Posted 9/10/2013 6:47:15 AM
This is probably more viable competitively, because you won't want to be stalling out too long ingame, but a Toxic/Synthesis set would work very well. Maybe with Leech Seed or something, but I would go with Giga Drain and either HP Fire or Earthquake.
---
Pokemon Black- FC: 0003 3185 8262
Monster Hunter Tri, ID:71YAXZ -EU Server!