This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Team Nova RP Episode 2: The Calm Before the Storm

#31GolurkcanflyPosted 9/10/2013 3:52:19 PM
Pendragon71037 posted...
(I'm waiting on GCF to take me to Xerneas)

I thought I had N reply to Pendragon in the previous topic, so I was waiting for you. I'll let you in.
---
Will kick puppies for a good sig.
#32empireoffirePosted 9/10/2013 3:59:27 PM(edited)
John Doe finally reached the stronghold. The gloomy atmosphere and the decrease in the number of soldiers out and about didn't go unnoticed by him, but he did his best to ignore it. On his way to the tech lab (after recharging his Protect-Generator and using the one of the stronghold's Pokemon Recovery Machines), he came across someone he would've dreaded to meet had the situation been different.

"Mr. Doe!" called out professor Nelson, running up to him. Doe noticed the dark bags under his eyes. Looks like he hasn't had any sleep, and Doe suspected that he would be running into more people like the professor. "I can't believe you're alive! What were you thinking?!"

I wasn't.

"I merely didn't wish to make my efforts of disabling the fortress's defenses to become pointless due to a single Nova member's appearance. After all, my other mission had already reached that state." Doe's voice had a hint of anger in it, which didn't get unnoticed by Nelson, who gulped. "Although, I'm afraid I misjudged the situation."

"Misjudged the situation?!" The professor cried out. "No ****, you were planning on staring down a freaking Nova admin by yourself! Do you even know who that was?!"

"Someone named Duncan", Doe retorted, acting as if he hadn't learned that only when he was already soundly beaten. "But that aside, Steven was staying back at the town when he ordered me to retreat. What's his current status?"

The professor was about to speak up, hesitated, and then said "Up until two minutes ago, we counted no survivors."

Doe was silent. His expression unreadable, as always.

But wait a minute...

"Hold a moment, Nelson. I have no proof, but one of our soldiers also survived by being teleported elsewhere by what appeared to be his father. The lad's name is Grant, from what I understood. And his father seemed like an influential figure. Does this name seem familiar to you?

Professor Nelson crossed his arms and lowered his head in thought. "Huh. Now that you mention it, I do feel like I've heard that name before. Can't say I remember where, though."

You're the embodiment of useless, professor.

"Also'", John Doe said, deciding that it would be pointless to linger on this dead-ended subject, "I am here to check on the Manaphy egg. How is it?"

"Actually--" started Nelson as someone else ran out of the lab from behind him. It was professor Laymin. And his eyes were wide open and he was sweating.

"The egg is hatching!!"

Doe and Nelson glanced at one another before all three of them sprinted into the lab.
---
size does not matter....weight does.
other aliases: gamefreak043, Cyborg-Kangaroo, Joe The Smurf
#33GolurkcanflyPosted 9/10/2013 4:08:05 PM
N, Celestic Town

"Pendragon," said N, "Do you wish to fight for revenge, or for the greater good? If you seek vengeance upon those who stole your Pokemon than you are not worthy of our cause. We, Team Plasma, strive to create an ideal world where people and Pokemon can live together without the need of devices such as Pokeballs. Are you sure you want to accept this truth and join us in our pursuit of that world?"
---
#34Pendragon71037Posted 9/10/2013 4:15:02 PM
Golurkcanfly posted...
N, Celestic Town

"Pendragon," said N, "Do you wish to fight for revenge, or for the greater good? If you seek vengeance upon those who stole your Pokemon than you are not worthy of our cause. We, Team Plasma, strive to create an ideal world where people and Pokemon can live together without the need of devices such as Pokeballs. Are you sure you want to accept this truth and join us in our pursuit of that world?"

"I am. Revenge, while it is part, is not the whole of my motivation. Pokemon do not deserve complete domination, which is what Nova has given." Pendragon replies with conviction.
---
Chuck Finley is Forever! People that agree: 5. I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior and am 100% proud of it. Yeah, it's hot, but it's a dry heat.
#35DigiHerokidPosted 9/10/2013 4:16:51 PM
gans626 posted...
Jira had to enter the Goldenrod City Nova base via secret tunnel due to the massive mobs that were forming around the city. Once inside Jira went into the main terminal room and started searching for information on Ethan's three friends. The information was classified and needed higher level clearence than he had. Jira took out Tesla and started to hack into mainframe when a female voice came behind him.

Mysterious Female Voice-" What do you think you're doing?"

Jira turn around and saw this woman with with long blue hair, wearing a Nova team uniform with an Empoleon next to her. Jira instantly reconized her from the picture Ethan gave him. She was more beautiful in person and wondered why he hadn't run into her before.

Jira-" Oh Dawn, you're alive. I was sent to look for you."

Mysterious Female-" Who is Dawn, my name is Staci Lee. Now you've 5 seconds to tell me what you are doing in here."

Jira could tell be the look in this woman's eyes that something was not quite right about herself, as she was pointing a blaster right in his face.

Jira-" I was looking up more information about this trainer I ran into. He looked a lot like one of the guys on our top wanted list, Ethan."

'Staci Lee'-" E...Ethan"

The look on this woman's face was that of someone who was trying to recall a distant memory but just couldn't recall. After a moment, 'Staci' reverted to her aggressive stance threatening her fellow Nova Teammate.

Jira-"Yeah that guy I ran into was definately Ethan, idiot told me where he was going to be. Come on, we can split the reward if we catch him together. He's going to be at the city Gym."

'Staci'-Let's go then, maybe after we capture him will earn us a promotion."

Jira-"We should use the underground tunnels, the city is crawling in protesters."

'Staci-"You think I care about a bunch of protesters, I'll blast them all to pieces."

Staci pumps her blaster rifle.

Jira-" You go through the streets blasting like a mad woman, and Ethan is going to know we're coming. We need the element of surprise if we're going to catch him."

Jira leads Staci out of the base, and into the underground tunnels. They come out right in front of the city gym.

Jira-" Ok I'll lure him out in the open, then you come out ok?"

Staci nods and gets into postion as talked about in the tunnels on the way here.

Jira-" I sure hope this works."

Jira enters the gym with no intention of capturing Ethan, but from the look Dawn gave before when just said his name, maybe seeing Ethan in person would trigger more what ever it was Jira saw in the base.

Jira-" Ethan, I've got a friend for you."

Ethan looked up from his hug with Whitney.

"Really who is it?",he asked.Whitney not noticing didn't stop hugging Ethan.
---
B2 FC 3526-1414-2221
3DS FC 2148-8476-2728 " I am not a loner. I simply will not act like you to "fit in""-Me
#36GolurkcanflyPosted 9/10/2013 4:28:16 PM
Pendragon71037 posted...
Golurkcanfly posted...
N, Celestic Town

"I am. Revenge, while it is part, is not the whole of my motivation. Pokemon do not deserve complete domination, which is what Nova has given." Pendragon replies with conviction.

"You are accepted into Team Plasma." said N, grabbing Pendragon's shoulder, "Welcome, brother. Follow me to greet your new family."
---
#37Cheesepower5Posted 9/10/2013 4:28:18 PM
After an extraordinary home-cooked meal, Grant and his parents merely sit around and chat about happier things. Ymir is allowed to reunite with its parents, Atlas and Tiamat the Torterras, and Grant is given a hefty pouch full of Poffins. Ymir happily eats up the two snacks it was promised. Grant spends 10 minutes trying to figure out how to feed a Magnemite, but he ends up relenting as Thunor seems content to just float around freely for a while. Eventually, Grant recalls that Steven had given him the two stones, and takes them out of his knapsack to find out what they were.

"Hmmm..." Garth rubs the rough obsidian like stone against his shirt, watching the fibers stick up from the static build up. In further experimentation, he places it against his belt buckle, watching as it snaps against it.

"This is a piece of stone from Mt.Coronet in Sinnoh." He explains. "With it, once Thunor becomes a Magneton, you should be able to evolve him into a Magnezone whenever the two of you are battling."

"And Steven just kept it on him?" Grant asks.

"Steven Stone liked to collect... Stones." Garth shrugs. "Every man has a hobby."

"Well I don't see you collecting glass." Grant says stubbornly.

His mother grins cheekily. "That's because you didn't know him as a teenager." She comments, leaving Grant confused as to exactly what she means. Garth snorts, giving a relaxed smile and thinking about old times.

"Well how about this one?" Grant asks, placing a piece of incredibly smooth stone with several pieces of quartz sticking out of it.

"Ahh!" Garth exclaims. "That's a Smooth Stone, it'll make a Sandstorm last longer if it's made by the Pokemon holding it!"

They continue to whittle the hours away, until it's time to go to bed. Grant is stopped by his father just outside of his room.

"That man who you and Steven fought..." He begins.

"Duncan?" Grant asks.

"Yes, Duncan." Garth says. "I used to work with him. He has a son, not much older than you. Osric is his name. If you ever meet Osric, I want you to do anything you can to avoid conflict with him. Osric is surely a member of Team Nova now, but if it's even possible I want you to convince him to leave."

"Why?" Grant asks curiously.

"I just don't want to see that child's future put on the line because of his father's selfish ambitions." Garth says. "I'm not asking you to bring him to the resistance or risk yourself for it. I just hate to see a youth used as a soldier."

Grant nods. "If I ever meet him, I'll try."

Garth smiles. "Goodnight son. Stay safe."

(That's all I have until everyone else is ready to move on a day.)
---
We are the champions, but me most of all!
Official Eikichi Mishina of all MegaTen boards.
#38uuurrrgghPosted 9/10/2013 4:30:21 PM
Brendan looked over the wreck in panic, when a surge of light removed the rocks, seemingly rolling back up the mountain. "Well, that was handy."

Off the coast of Cinnabar Island.

Brendan lazily steered the ship towards Pallet Town, letting his mind wander. Wonder where my axe got to. Heh, I still remember getting it from father...

1 year ago (Nova was taking over, but Karate King and Brendan were practically hermits)

"Cm'on, boy! Get a move-on!" Brendan's father, the Karate King, called out. "I can't sit here all day!" Groaning with dread, Brendan picked the self-proclaimed master up onto his back, giving the man a piggy back ride. The Karate King was getting old, his once-vigorous training reduced to fetching coffee. It was only a matter of time before he passes away.

The walk through the cave passed in silence. "By the way boy, did I ever tell you about my going-away present from Saffron?"
"Um, father, you already-"
"What, you didn't hear about it? Oh well, guess I'll tell you."
Brendan groaned quietly. Please Arceus, save me from another story of his.

"I was packing up my bags, bringing along a peculiar-looking egg, unheard of in my time, when a man from Siliph Co. came along. He went on to ramble about how my egg was ground-breaking, and gave me their latest device. They said they made it in case a pokemon turned on his trainer, fat chance of that happening! Said it had some weird power to harness an electric type's power, but I had none of that hogwash. I just took the axe and spanked him with it until he left! People around town began looking at me weirdly, so I hurried up packing.

There I was in Mount Mortar, looking upon the many rocks to crush, when a young littl' Zubat jumped me! I tried punching the rascal, but he just shrugged it off just like that! A bat, surviving a master of martial arts! "Well," I thought to myself, "if that little runt thinks he can get away from hitting me, he has another thing coming!" So I took out my axe, kept it around for decoration, and swung! The little bugger went down like a Combee against a Geodude! Ever since then, I've always kept the axe with me... HEY, BOY! YOU AWAKE?!"

(If anybody reading this is elderly, don't feel offended by this post)
---
Apparently, I'm nobody.
B2 FC: 3010 5891 4441
#39gans626Posted 9/10/2013 4:31:23 PM
Before Jira could reply, Dawn steps out of the shadows with her blaster rifle aimed and ready.

Dawn-" You're worst nightmare."

Upon seeing Ethan's face though, flashbacks of their friendship started pouring back and flooding her mind. The brainwashing started to fade as so started to remember who she really was. Her arms started shaking as she put her rifle down when she realized what she was about to do. She dropped to her knees crying.

Dawn-"E....ETHAN!"
---
Albert Wesker for President 2016
#40empireoffirePosted 9/10/2013 4:49:37 PM(edited)
The three of them entered the lab just as the bright light that came from the egg took on the shape of it's inhabitant. Manaphy, The Seafaring Pokemon, was born.

Laymin couldn't believe his eyes. "T-t-t-t-t-t-the legends were right! Who's laughing now?! Answer me, world!!"

Get some sleep, Pr. Laymin.

The newly-hatched Manaphy, scared due to Doe's odd appearance, Laymin's yelling, and Nelson's...something, immediately flew back. The three of them stopped their movements, and then Manaphy made a dash for the exit.

"Hold it!!"

Doe immediately slammed the door before the Pokemon could escape. Manaphy crashed into his chest, and Doe took advantage of the brief window of opportunity and grabbed Manaphy. The poor creature started struggling, but Doe held his grip.

"Wait", Doe said to the Manaphy in his hands. "It's all right. We're not going to hurt you."

The Manaphy's struggling lessened. It still felt distrustful, but it was willing to listen.

"Sadly, the world isn't what it used to be before." Doe took a more soothing tone of voice, as if he was talking to a baby. Which he sort of was. "Bad men are outside and they're controlling the minds of other Pokemon, even if they don't want to. We're here to protect you, and if you go outside, we can not stop them from hurting you. Do you understand?"

Manaphy stopped struggling altogether. It looked up at Doe, stared for a moment, and then nodded in understanding. Doe released the Manaphy, who didn't make any sudden movements.

Doe digged through his pockets as he began giving instructions at the two professors. "You!" he said pointing at Laymin, "do what you said you would do and send a message to all troops about everything: the sea temple, the People of the Water and their advanced technology, and manaphy!"

"Y-yes sir!" Laymin stuttered, obviously still in an excited ecstasy. He ran to some other room.

"And you!" Doe said to Nelson, "follow him and proof-read whatever he writes! He has a few screws loose and I want you to get rid of all of the typos he's bound to make!"

Nelson followed behind Laymin.

Doe found what he was looking for. A simple Soothe Bell. He then gave it to the Manaphy.

"For you", he smiled.

(consider this as the daybreak after the events in Cheese's post, if you want.)
---
size does not matter....weight does.
other aliases: gamefreak043, Cyborg-Kangaroo, Joe The Smurf