This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Following the theory about the legendaries being based on Norse Mythology...

#1IzanagiBlastPosted 9/10/2013 3:22:32 PM
So a lot of people are aware that the legendaries of this gen may(I'm totally sure they are) be based on the norse mythology, more exactly on the Yggdrasil(The tree of life or The Ash of Universe which joins the 9 worlds).
The 3 most important worlds are Asgard(the land of the gods,is at the top of the tree), Midgar(The land of the living/mortals, is located on the middle of the tree) and Hellheim(The hell or land of the dead, is located below the roots of the tree)

Here is a representation about Yggdrasil: http://i.imgur.com/lNqf6Lu.jpg

Now this "Tree of life" has his guardians:

1st - Asgard: On the top of the tree, probably living on Asgard, there's an eagle that is blind and doesn't have a name. This lead us to Yveltal, because he looks like he's Blind(since he has no pupils, Xerneas does have pupils) and of course he looks like a bird.

Yveltal's eyes: http://i.imgur.com/OfnH89o.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2nd - Midgar: Now living in midgar we have 4 stags with stone on their horns, and according with the mythology, each stone is different.

These Stags are:
- Dáinn, who has blue stones on his horns.
- Dvalin, who has red stones on his horns.
- Duneyrr, who has the stone of the sun(yellow) on his horns.
- Duraţrór., who has the stone of the night(purple)

Hmm, interesting... lets see a Xerneas image:
http://i.imgur.com/PeEdPyz.png

Wow, 8 pairs of horns, and coincidentally the same colors as Dáinn, Dvalin, Duneyrr and Duraţrór.The evidence is pretty clear here so I guess that's that.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3rd - Hellheim:Not exactly on Hellheim but in another land below it(Niflheim, the land of darkness)lives Níđhöggr, a dragon(which is most likely the Z legendary) that gnaw Yggdarsil's roots,waiting for the Ragnarok(Battle of the end of the world) to come(after this battle he will hunt the souls of the remaining men).

As to this point everything matches almost perfectly, and but wait there's one thing more:
4th - The entire Yggdrasil: There is a being that acts as a messenger between the entire Yggdrasil, running from the land of the Blind Eagle(the top of the tree[Asgard]) to the land of the dark Dragon( Níđhöggr), and he is described as a Squirrel( Ratatösk, the piercing tooth). Here's an old poem about Ratatösk:

Ratatösk is the squirrel named,
who has run / in Yggdrasil's ash
he from above the eagle's words must carry,
and beneath the Nidhögg repeat.

So all this suggest that beside the Dragon/Serpent Z legendary we will also have a squirrel like legendary( i can't imagine how we could have a legendary like that lol). Anyway all this Yggdrasil Mythology suggest it will be true. What do you think about all this?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKNKVzVAqUk
3DS FC:3351-4244-8930
#2SammuthegreatPosted 9/10/2013 3:30:41 PM
Believed it when Xerneas and Yveltal were first announced (Xerneas' antlers are too spot on for it to be coincidence). Still believe it now.

Squirrel legendary isn't too far-fetched, we had a hedgehog. Looking forward to seeing the Ratatoskr equivalent.
#3hyperdimeduckPosted 9/10/2013 3:32:17 PM
Heard it before. Still think its a great idea.
---
3DS FC: 4682-8590-2294 NNID: AnotherShinigami
Official Kintoki-Douji and Isabeau of the SMT 4 boards
#4GeminiWKPosted 9/10/2013 3:38:41 PM
I'd cry tears of joy, if we got a Fenrir inspired legendary.
#5P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 9/10/2013 3:40:35 PM
Sammuthegreat posted...
Believed it when Xerneas and Yveltal were first announced (Xerneas' antlers are too spot on for it to be coincidence). Still believe it now.

Squirrel legendary isn't too far-fetched, we had a hedgehog. Looking forward to seeing the Ratatoskr equivalent.

---
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
#6IVIasterJayPosted 9/10/2013 3:41:51 PM
That's what I thought when they were first announced. I'm still hoping it's true.
#7IzanagiBlast(Topic Creator)Posted 9/10/2013 3:49:54 PM
Yeah, i heard this rumors about being based on norse mythology but i didn't really looked into it untill yesterday, and when i found about these 4 stags, i couldn't stop looking for more information lol i hope this help those who don't know about this whole theory or just knew a little about it.

I'm a little concerned about that squirrel legendariy, will it be a cute little creature or they will make a badass squirrel (with piercing teeth as the mythology says)? I don't know but this will hype me a lot more for the release! Anyway here we are waiting for the god damn coro coro leak :D
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKNKVzVAqUk
3DS FC:3351-4244-8930
#8Sloth9230Posted 9/10/2013 3:52:59 PM
IzanagiBlast posted...
Yeah, i heard this rumors about being based on norse mythology but i didn't really looked into it untill yesterday, and when i found about these 4 stags, i couldn't stop looking for more information lol i hope this help those who don't know about this whole theory or just knew a little about it.

I'm a little concerned about that squirrel legendariy, will it be a cute little creature or they will make a badass squirrel (with piercing teeth as the mythology says)? I don't know but this will hype me a lot more for the release! Anyway here we are waiting for the god damn coro coro leak :D

600 BST mew Clone confirmed, naturally learn Super Fang, Hyper Fang, BIte, Crunch and elemental fangs. Has an ability which boosts bite moves.
#9P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 9/10/2013 3:53:15 PM
I feel like they might be leaning towards something more like they did with the Musketeer trio/quartet:

Xerneas, Yveltal, Z legend would all be a trio

Then, the squirrel legend would be the fairy event pokemon
---
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
#10bakkahentai8600Posted 9/10/2013 4:29:04 PM
So, how likely is it then that the lesser trio will be based off the Norns then?
---
Previously the_sage2600
I'm baaaacccckkkkk