This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm just happy to get both Bulbasaur AND Froakie.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. I'm just happy to get both Bulbasaur AND Froakie.

User Info: JustDave

JustDave
3 years ago#1
I know this may sound weird but I've always started with a grass-type since Pokemon Red. I've started new games before with a different starter, but my first playthrough has always been grass.

Now keeping with tradition (sort of), I can get my favorite starter Bulbasaur and as well Froakie, who is my second favorite starter type and what I think is the best looking starter in X/Y. However, I do think Venusaur has the weakest looking mega of the three but I still love the little green guy.

I know it sounds crazy but this is one of the things I'm actually really excited about.
Antec 1200 | EVGA X58 SLI | Intel i7-920 3.6GHz OC | Corsair HX1000W PSU
EVGA GTX 570 CLAS w/GTX 285 PhysX | G.skill 12GB | Windows 7 64-bit | 1920x1080 120Hz

User Info: Rayquaza_is_Z

Rayquaza_is_Z
3 years ago#2
I know this may sound weird but I've always started with a water-type since Pokemon Blue. I've started new games before with a different starter, but my first playthrough has always been water.

Now keeping with tradition (sort of), I can get my favorite starter Squirtle and as well Chespin, who is my second favorite starter type and what I think is the best looking starter in X/Y. However, I do think Blastoise has the strongest looking mega of the three but I still love the big blue guy.

I know it sounds crazy but this is one of the things I'm actually really excited about.

That's truly something, isn't it.
Draceon for 2013! http://i.imgur.com/FBj4tzy.png
Chespin for Grass/Rock!

User Info: koggx

koggx
3 years ago#3
I know this may sound weird but I've always started with a water-type since Pokemon Blue. I've started new games before with a different starter, but my first playthrough has always been water.

Now keeping with tradition (sort of), I can get my favorite starter Squirtle and as well Chespin, who is my second favorite starter type and what I think is the best looking starter in X/Y. However, I do think Blastoise has the strongest looking mega of the three but I still love the big blue guy.

That's truly something, isn't it.

not weird i do the same thing i have since Red lol
www.freewebs.com/kingofgamesgx

User Info: Sloth9230

Sloth9230
3 years ago#4
JustDave posted...
I know this may sound weird but I've always started with a grass-type since Pokemon Red. I've started new games before with a different starter, but my first playthrough has always been grass.

Now keeping with tradition (sort of), I can get my favorite starter Bulbasaur and as well Froakie, who is my second favorite starter type and what I think is the best looking starter in X/Y. However, I do think Venusaur has the weakest looking mega of the three but I still love the little green guy.

Shouldn't you be getting Chespin and Squirtle or something, Bulbasaur isn't the official gen 6 starter >.>

You get them at different points in the game, so you'd be breaking your tradition by starting with a water poke this time around.

User Info: Mr Stick

Mr Stick
3 years ago#5
Sloth9230 posted...
JustDave posted...

Shouldn't you be getting Chespin and Squirtle or something, Bulbasaur isn't the official gen 6 starter >.>

You get them at different points in the game, so you'd be breaking your tradition by starting with a water poke this time around.

You missed the "(sort of)" part where TC was basically saying they were breaking tradition, but still playing with a grass starter.
~ I'm Always Fighting the Gravity ~
360: MoldyClay87 ;; 3DS: 3050-8737-8491

User Info: Sloth9230

Sloth9230
3 years ago#6
Mr Stick posted...
Sloth9230 posted...
JustDave posted...

I just want to make sure he isn't lying to himself :P
You missed the "(sort of)" part where TC was basically saying they were breaking tradition, but still playing with a grass starter.

User Info: JustDave

JustDave
3 years ago#7
Yeah, I'm kind of using the word "starter" with two different meanings. I'm switching to a water starter (Gen 6) and breaking tradition but I'm eventually going to get the grass starter (Gen 1) and keep tradition... sort of.
Antec 1200 | EVGA X58 SLI | Intel i7-920 3.6GHz OC | Corsair HX1000W PSU
EVGA GTX 570 CLAS w/GTX 285 PhysX | G.skill 12GB | Windows 7 64-bit | 1920x1080 120Hz

User Info: Emerald_Melios

Emerald_Melios
3 years ago#8
After seeing the second phase evolutions, I'm thinking of going with Bulbasaur and Froakie now as well (along with Torchic).

User Info: GoGoat

GoGoat
3 years ago#9
Charmander, Cyndaquil, Mudkip, Piplup, Snivy and Fenenkin is the order I've gone in throughout the generations.

I want to say I'm devoid of type bias, but I know someone is going to come in and say "you've got 3 fire types hurrrr".
Official Oblivion Keyblade of the KH3 Board
3ds FC: 1934-0765-5595

User Info: biohazard151

biohazard151
3 years ago#10
Yeah I actually feel like I may end up doing just that, as long as froakie's final evo is cool like his previous one's
"What is great in man is that he is a bridge and not an end"
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. I'm just happy to get both Bulbasaur AND Froakie.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived