This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm just happy to get both Bulbasaur AND Froakie.

#1JustDavePosted 9/11/2013 1:02:52 AM
I know this may sound weird but I've always started with a grass-type since Pokemon Red. I've started new games before with a different starter, but my first playthrough has always been grass.

Now keeping with tradition (sort of), I can get my favorite starter Bulbasaur and as well Froakie, who is my second favorite starter type and what I think is the best looking starter in X/Y. However, I do think Venusaur has the weakest looking mega of the three but I still love the little green guy.

I know it sounds crazy but this is one of the things I'm actually really excited about.
---
Antec 1200 | EVGA X58 SLI | Intel i7-920 3.6GHz OC | Corsair HX1000W PSU
EVGA GTX 570 CLAS w/GTX 285 PhysX | G.skill 12GB | Windows 7 64-bit | 1920x1080 120Hz
#2Rayquaza_is_ZPosted 9/11/2013 1:07:14 AM
I know this may sound weird but I've always started with a water-type since Pokemon Blue. I've started new games before with a different starter, but my first playthrough has always been water.

Now keeping with tradition (sort of), I can get my favorite starter Squirtle and as well Chespin, who is my second favorite starter type and what I think is the best looking starter in X/Y. However, I do think Blastoise has the strongest looking mega of the three but I still love the big blue guy.

I know it sounds crazy but this is one of the things I'm actually really excited about.

That's truly something, isn't it.
---
Draceon for 2013! http://i.imgur.com/FBj4tzy.png
Chespin for Grass/Rock!
#3koggxPosted 9/11/2013 1:09:41 AM
I know this may sound weird but I've always started with a water-type since Pokemon Blue. I've started new games before with a different starter, but my first playthrough has always been water.

Now keeping with tradition (sort of), I can get my favorite starter Squirtle and as well Chespin, who is my second favorite starter type and what I think is the best looking starter in X/Y. However, I do think Blastoise has the strongest looking mega of the three but I still love the big blue guy.

That's truly something, isn't it.

not weird i do the same thing i have since Red lol
---
www.freewebs.com/kingofgamesgx
#4Sloth9230Posted 9/11/2013 1:16:03 AM
JustDave posted...
I know this may sound weird but I've always started with a grass-type since Pokemon Red. I've started new games before with a different starter, but my first playthrough has always been grass.

Now keeping with tradition (sort of), I can get my favorite starter Bulbasaur and as well Froakie, who is my second favorite starter type and what I think is the best looking starter in X/Y. However, I do think Venusaur has the weakest looking mega of the three but I still love the little green guy.

Shouldn't you be getting Chespin and Squirtle or something, Bulbasaur isn't the official gen 6 starter >.>

You get them at different points in the game, so you'd be breaking your tradition by starting with a water poke this time around.
#5Mr StickPosted 9/11/2013 1:34:31 AM
Sloth9230 posted...
JustDave posted...

Shouldn't you be getting Chespin and Squirtle or something, Bulbasaur isn't the official gen 6 starter >.>

You get them at different points in the game, so you'd be breaking your tradition by starting with a water poke this time around.

You missed the "(sort of)" part where TC was basically saying they were breaking tradition, but still playing with a grass starter.
---
~ I'm Always Fighting the Gravity ~
360: MoldyClay87 ;; 3DS: 3050-8737-8491
#6Sloth9230Posted 9/11/2013 1:38:58 AM
Mr Stick posted...
Sloth9230 posted...
JustDave posted...

I just want to make sure he isn't lying to himself :P
You missed the "(sort of)" part where TC was basically saying they were breaking tradition, but still playing with a grass starter.
#7JustDave(Topic Creator)Posted 9/11/2013 1:44:37 AM
Yeah, I'm kind of using the word "starter" with two different meanings. I'm switching to a water starter (Gen 6) and breaking tradition but I'm eventually going to get the grass starter (Gen 1) and keep tradition... sort of.
---
Antec 1200 | EVGA X58 SLI | Intel i7-920 3.6GHz OC | Corsair HX1000W PSU
EVGA GTX 570 CLAS w/GTX 285 PhysX | G.skill 12GB | Windows 7 64-bit | 1920x1080 120Hz
#8Emerald_MeliosPosted 9/11/2013 11:58:55 AM
After seeing the second phase evolutions, I'm thinking of going with Bulbasaur and Froakie now as well (along with Torchic).
#9GoGoatPosted 9/11/2013 12:00:43 PM
Charmander, Cyndaquil, Mudkip, Piplup, Snivy and Fenenkin is the order I've gone in throughout the generations.

I want to say I'm devoid of type bias, but I know someone is going to come in and say "you've got 3 fire types hurrrr".
---
Official Oblivion Keyblade of the KH3 Board
3ds FC: 1934-0765-5595
#10biohazard151Posted 9/11/2013 12:31:32 PM
Yeah I actually feel like I may end up doing just that, as long as froakie's final evo is cool like his previous one's
---
"What is great in man is that he is a bridge and not an end"