This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

T-Rex Pokemon's ability should increase its accuracy against faster Pokemon...

#11Gleason037Posted 9/11/2013 2:59:45 PM
fuzi11 posted...
Real_trainerRed posted...
Twilight_Sonata posted...
SpikeTbear posted...
I love that movie, but every time I see that scene I have to burst out laughing.

It's no sillier than their tiny, frilled, venom-spitting Dilophosaurous. Or their huge Velociraptor or Stegosaurus. Or their toothed, ridiculously strong Pterosaurs. Or the stupid idea they had of splicing dino DNA with frog DNA.

It may be ridiculous but you gotta admit,Jurassic park is still fun to watch.

Jurassic Park has still better CGI then most modern 'block busters'

Those rubber dinosaur suits WERE pretty amazing for the raptors.
---
PSN: Gleason037
3DS FC: Eh, tell me why you want it and sure.
#12Doctor_SpankyPosted 9/11/2013 3:01:04 PM
Lol witty I like it
#13Phenom13Posted 9/11/2013 3:34:38 PM
What is this about Dilophosaurous not being real? Also the Stegasaurs was over sized? Stegasaurs and triceratops are not of comparable size.?
#14themagicpainmanPosted 9/11/2013 3:36:46 PM
Dilopho is real, but it was nothing like the movie. No frill, no venom, and WAY bigger.
---
"Combine Cloak and Dagger with Boots of Swiftness so CC doesn't stop you from moving faster toward defeat." - Frost_shock_FTW
#15patkelly929Posted 9/11/2013 3:38:32 PM
fuzi11 posted...
Real_trainerRed posted...
Twilight_Sonata posted...
SpikeTbear posted...
I love that movie, but every time I see that scene I have to burst out laughing.

It's no sillier than their tiny, frilled, venom-spitting Dilophosaurous. Or their huge Velociraptor or Stegosaurus. Or their toothed, ridiculously strong Pterosaurs. Or the stupid idea they had of splicing dino DNA with frog DNA.

It may be ridiculous but you gotta admit,Jurassic park is still fun to watch.

Jurassic Park has still better CGI then most modern 'block busters'

I love that Jurassic Park is 20 years old, and it still visually holds up. I agree entirely. There's a lot of CGI out there that's good, but just doesn't look as real as Jurassic Park's CG moments do.
---
"Gary was here. Ash is a loser!" = Greatest Tramp Stamp Ever
Green & Blue Bird, this is Mr. Fabulous, we are a go for cheesin' it. - Bender
#16Arne83Posted 9/11/2013 3:43:02 PM
I would hate that move for all of the inaccuracies in it... if it wasn't so damn good.
---
More of a Pokemon fan than TherianReturns will ever be.
Snowflame is greatest comic villain ever made. Shame on DC for letting him fade into obscurity.
#17SammuthegreatPosted 9/11/2013 3:44:29 PM
Phenom13 posted...
What is this about Dilophosaurous not being real? Also the Stegasaurs was over sized? Stegasaurs and triceratops are not of comparable size.?

Dilophosaurus was up to 6m long. The ones in Jurassic Park were 2 at most. It's also extraordinarily unlikely they spat venom; that one was invented for the Rule of Cool. As was the frill, most likely.

Stegosaurus was a couple of metres shorter than Triceratops normally, but the ones in Jurassic Park 2 especially were massively over-sized. Along with all the other dinosaurs in the series, their size seemed to vary wildly from one shot to another.

The raptors were a bit big too; in real life they were about 1.5-1.8m long, whereas the ones in the films probably pushed 3m (again, varies from scene to scene). Deinonychus was the bigger cousin of Velociraptor - same sickle-clawed foot, just bigger. The film raptors were more like Deinonychus in size.
#18Twilight_Sonata(Topic Creator)Posted 9/11/2013 3:45:52 PM
Phenom13 posted...

themagicpainman posted...
Dilopho is real, but it was nothing like the movie. No frill, no venom, and WAY bigger.

This. And yes, their Stegos were oversized.

Arne83 posted...
I would hate that move for all of the inaccuracies in it... if it wasn't so damn good.

My friends and I found an easy way to reconcile the inaccuracies:
These aren't real dinosaurs. They're dinosaurs spliced with frogs. That does all kinds of crazy, unpredictable crap to their genes. That their creators in the film were too foolish to realize this is just another example of their hubris.
#19SammuthegreatPosted 9/11/2013 3:47:48 PM
Also, the bit in the Lost World when the guy gets trodden under the T-Rex's foot is just laughable - T-Rex's footprint was probably only a couple of feet in diameter max, nowhere near big enough to squish a human.

Still awesome films though. God I love dinosaurs.
#20Twilight_Sonata(Topic Creator)Posted 9/11/2013 3:52:09 PM(edited)
Sammuthegreat posted...
That one was invented for the Rule of Cool. As was the frill, most likely.

Actually, I remember reading about their rationale for the frill, and it's not totally terrible. In real life, plenty of animals have decorative features that the fossil record would leave totally unpreserved. The comb on a rooster's head is a great example. The idea is then that dinosaurs could have had such features that we will never know about from just looking at their fossils. The frill was totally invented, but it was invented to demonstrate this idea.

AND because it was cool. ^_^