This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

T-Rex Pokemon's ability should increase its accuracy against faster Pokemon...

#31Genericgamer667Posted 9/14/2013 1:09:39 PM
game2002 posted...
Anyone here know that tyrannosauruses are supposed to be scavengers and not hunters, like how medias always seem to portray them?

that was one scientst whose theory was debunked
---
3DS FC: 4940-5445-8767
It is a remake, not my fault you people think ports are remakes (but only on Nintendo systems)-Demondog666 on Kid Icarus Uprising
#32kaiser ryuPosted 9/14/2013 1:23:44 PM
Genericgamer667 posted...
game2002 posted...
Anyone here know that tyrannosauruses are supposed to be scavengers and not hunters, like how medias always seem to portray them?

that was one scientst whose theory was debunked

The big bit of evidence against it that I like is that it's teeth are so deeply rooted. A largely useless feature if you're not wrangling prey.

A lot of the oddities in the movie are explained away fairly well in the book, though. T-Rex having sight issues was inferred directly by Grant due to the frog splicing, no such scene as Grant explaining its visual acuity to an assy teenager in the book.

And the notion that the dinosaurs of the park are less than authentic was directly addressed by a whole chapter featuring Dr. Wu going about his day, proposing modifications to the dinosaurs and being shot down. Pretty sure he outright states that Hammond wanting authentic dinosaurs was outright impossible due to all the gaps they had to fill. Jurassic Park dinosaurs were designer animals.
---
The Tales of series needs more love in America.
Won't change sig until Namco gets wise. Started: 9/8/06
#33JarickoPosted 9/14/2013 1:27:17 PM
Could be a good ability. Rock pokemon are typically slow and rock moves tend to have horrible accuracy but rock pokemon outside of sand do not tend to be that bulky where it matters to survive its slower speed.

Could work though.
---
Jaricko - Official Venustoise of the omniverse / bacon in the fridge for all those who cry out in hunger of the Gamefaq's 3ds boards.
#34TyranidomegaPosted 9/14/2013 1:27:29 PM
Twilight_Sonata posted...
game2002 posted...

That's actually not true, or at least it's only true to an extent. The truth is that most species that are predators are also scavengers, perfectly happy to come across dead prey or even perfectly happy to come across prey being eaten by another, lesser predator that they can scare away. This was likely as true for T-Rex as it is for modern predators. The idea that T-Rex was solely or even overwhelmingly a scavenger, though, is something that's been laughed at by every actual paleontologist that I've met. It's just a fringe theory that took off with the public, much like the ideas that T-Rex couldn't run or that its forearms were totally useless.

What is the estimate of T-Rex's running speed these days? I remember back then that it was estimated between 34-40 mph, but recently it's 12-15 mph.
---
Official hot fudge sundae of the IDF
Official Hydreigon of the Pokemon B/W 2 Boards.
#35Great_ReapettePosted 9/14/2013 1:29:37 PM
Tyranidomega posted...
Twilight_Sonata posted...
game2002 posted...

That's actually not true, or at least it's only true to an extent. The truth is that most species that are predators are also scavengers, perfectly happy to come across dead prey or even perfectly happy to come across prey being eaten by another, lesser predator that they can scare away. This was likely as true for T-Rex as it is for modern predators. The idea that T-Rex was solely or even overwhelmingly a scavenger, though, is something that's been laughed at by every actual paleontologist that I've met. It's just a fringe theory that took off with the public, much like the ideas that T-Rex couldn't run or that its forearms were totally useless.

What is the estimate of T-Rex's running speed these days? I remember back then that it was estimated between 34-40 mph, but recently it's 12-15 mph.

Well, according to this article published in August, we get about 30 kph.

https://www.egi.eu/case-studies/natural-sciences/trex.html?page=2

By the by, that's a little under 19 mph.
---
Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.
#36BaneseekerPosted 9/14/2013 1:57:12 PM
fuzi11 posted...
Is it because of Jurassic Park and their T-Rex' disability to see non moving objects?

Actually, it makes sense in context of the movie. Remember, they had to use frog DNA to help make the dinos and frogs cant see still objects very well.
---
Now bring me that horizon