This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So, about those Pokebeach leaks...

#11MeepleLardiclePosted 9/11/2013 8:50:10 AM
If the previously revealed forme of Mewtwo can be said to look roughly similar to Mewtwos original design, the second supposed form of Mewtwo can be said to look roughly/vaguely similar to Mews design. [Perhaps the leaker forgot which form was already revealed? Because this makes more sense the other way around.]

Pretty sure that's what happened, yeah. I remember people noting that Y Form had a more "Mew-like" look to it, and were wondering how another Mewtwo form could look more Mew-like.

The things he got wrong, in any event, strike me more as honest mistakes either due to faulty memory, or "thinking one thing, typing another" (hence the claim about Psychic, as opposed to Poison.)

Will note, as an extension, that while we know Fairy > Bug defensively, and Steel > Fairy defensively, neither were listed. I can explain this one actually:

He probably didn't test those, or simply didn't remember how it interacted. He never said that this wasn't the case, nor did he say that type chart was 100% complete, just what he saw. As a result, the only real mistake is Psychic > Fairy, which I think the "he meant Poison, but said Psychic; both do start with P" explanation is what happened.

Alternatively, he remembered a 2nd typing resisting Fairy, couldn't remember what it was, and for some reason went "Yeah, it was probably Psychic"; again, simple human error.
---
www.rpgdl.com
The site Meeple argues at for too much of his life!
#12RatheVPosted 9/11/2013 8:54:33 AM
Or maybe the game's just changed since he saw it? These things happen, you know.
#13Sad_FacePosted 9/11/2013 9:02:34 AM
Or maybe the game's just changed since he saw it? These things happen, you know.

This. He leaked info on the game 10 months before it was supposed to be released. And Fairy typing was introduced solely to balance the game. Getting more data from play testing is going to change the direction of which types to buff and nerf.
#14jayman7(Topic Creator)Posted 9/11/2013 9:04:33 AM
It's not really relevant in the end. Whether changing game or human error, I still count that as a mistake.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#15JoJoX200Posted 9/11/2013 9:07:14 AM
jayman7 posted...
Missingno_Mastr posted...
I'm thinking Patrice is the name of whoever gives you the Kalos starters, and the leaker automatically assumed that meant he's the professor.

Possibly. There is the fact that the Pokemon Direct made it look more like Tierno was handing out starters, though.

It was outright stated in the direct that 'a friend' will give you the Kalos starter while Sycamore will give you the Kanto starter in Lumiose City.
---
http://jojodee.deviantart.com/ -- Fakemons and other stuff
#16Sad_FacePosted 9/11/2013 9:10:38 AM
It's not really relevant in the end. Whether changing game or human error, I still count that as a mistake.

Elaborate please?
#17jayman7(Topic Creator)Posted 9/11/2013 9:29:35 AM
JoJoX200 posted...
jayman7 posted...
Missingno_Mastr posted...
I'm thinking Patrice is the name of whoever gives you the Kalos starters, and the leaker automatically assumed that meant he's the professor.

Possibly. There is the fact that the Pokemon Direct made it look more like Tierno was handing out starters, though.

It was outright stated in the direct that 'a friend' will give you the Kalos starter while Sycamore will give you the Kanto starter in Lumiose City.

Yes, and?

Sad_Face posted...

Elaborate please?

What's to elaborate? I was italicizing the parts where the leak didn't match the final game, and whatever the reason, that's one (of only two known) points.
---
#18Sad_FacePosted 9/11/2013 9:41:06 AM
What's to elaborate? I was italicizing the parts where the leak didn't match the final game, and whatever the reason, that's one (of only two known) points.

You're comparing a more than a half a year earlier build to a final build of a competitive game. Obviously there are going to be more changes to balance out the game as more data arrives. Yet, you're calling the info from the previous build a mistake and are completely ignoring the circumstances as to why it changed. How does that make sense? This type of mindset reeks of ignorance to me and is gives legitimate early game info leakers a hard time for no reason.
#19jayman7(Topic Creator)Posted 9/11/2013 2:19:44 PM
Sad_Face posted...

You're comparing a more than a half a year earlier build to a final build of a competitive game. Obviously there are going to be more changes to balance out the game as more data arrives. Yet, you're calling the info from the previous build a mistake and are completely ignoring the circumstances as to why it changed. How does that make sense? This type of mindset reeks of ignorance to me and is gives legitimate early game info leakers a hard time for no reason.

So, what, you're saying I should bold the part where it says Psychic resists Fairy? Never mind that you don't know for certain that it was the game changing since February and could easily have been human error? Never mind that I've been saying "hey, this leak has been right about so much that it would be a silly move to just write it off"? You're just being contrary now.
---
#20Sad_FacePosted 9/11/2013 9:24:55 PM
So, what, you're saying I should bold the part where it says Psychic resists Fairy? Never mind that you don't know for certain that it was the game changing since February and could easily have been human error? Never mind that I've been saying "hey, this leak has been right about so much that it would be a silly move to just write it off"? You're just being contrary now.

No, I'm saying that this response:

It's not really relevant in the end. Whether changing game or human error, I still count that as a mistake

Makes no goddamn sense.