This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

T-Rex is a Dragon-type but Charizard isn't??

#1hkimxiPosted 9/11/2013 8:44:56 AM
Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with Charizard being a Fire/Flying, but it's strange that people aren't complaining that a T-Rex is a dragon type while Charizard, who looks more dragon-esque, isn't.

I thought there would be more butt-hurt people whining that their Charizard isn't a dragon type while a T-Rex is.

Like I said, I really don't care about their typings, it's just strange that I hadn't seen any complaints...
---
PSN: hkimxi | NNID: hongkim
#2erekwashere15Posted 9/11/2013 8:46:04 AM
They will complain, earlier now that you've pointed it out, but they would've complained regardless.
---
Winner of ares9090's Slaking Award
Official Scrafty and Barry of the B/W 2 Boards
#3PlasmWraithPosted 9/11/2013 8:47:34 AM
Dinosaurs can easily count as dragons in this game. "Dragon" is a remarkably vague term that isn't any more bastardized than any other type. Charizard isn't dragon type for the sake of balance.
---
( [] )
#4hkimxi(Topic Creator)Posted 9/11/2013 8:47:46 AM
I actually can't wait to see what people say. These leaks will make for an interesting day.
---
#5masladaPosted 9/11/2013 8:49:22 AM
Oh look, it's this topic again. Charizard has fire on its tail and wings that take up half the size of its sprite. Therefore Fire/Flying is the typing that makes the most sense.
#6hkimxi(Topic Creator)Posted 9/11/2013 8:49:26 AM
PlasmWraith posted...
Dinosaurs can easily count as dragons in this game. "Dragon" is a remarkably vague term that isn't any more bastardized than any other type. Charizard isn't dragon type for the sake of balance.

I know Charizard is a fire/flying due to it being a starter and balance and all that. But most people are annoyed that Charizard isn't a dragon based on its appearance. I just want to see how people react based on the appearance alone.
---
#7hkimxi(Topic Creator)Posted 9/11/2013 8:50:22 AM
maslada posted...
Oh look, it's this topic again. Charizard has fire on its tail and wings that take up half the size of its sprite. Therefore Fire/Flying is the typing that makes the most sense.

Like I said, I really have no opinion on what type Charizard is, I'm just surprised more people haven't complained yet.
---
#8VampLordAdamaruPosted 9/11/2013 9:07:02 AM(edited)
I was honestly a little bit surprised that MegaCharizard didn't become Fire/Dragon...
---
Founder - IRDC AND Fluffy the Friendly Deathclaw Fanclub
ULCE#: 9,426 of 53,160; Misty is mine!
#9Great_ReapettePosted 9/11/2013 9:02:27 AM
How about because Charizard.

Isn't.

A dragon.

/topic
---
Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.
#10Scorpion122178Posted 9/11/2013 9:03:38 AM
I'm just thankful for badass Dragon/Rock t-rex pokemon.
---
GT: Scorpion0489
Currently playing: Mortal Kombat, Borderlands 2, Metro: Last Light, Mario & Luigi: Bowsers Inside Story, Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm