This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Fairy type is the new Gen 1 Psychic type

#11KillerMechanoidPosted 9/11/2013 10:49:53 PM
STAB technician Bullet Punch says hi.

Psychics in Gen I didn't have to contend with that.
#12ZTIger5Posted 9/11/2013 10:51:55 PM
The_Undying_84 posted...
Are Lick and Pin Missile the strongest Steel and Poison moves in this Gen? Unless they are, it's not even close to the same thing as Gen 1 Psychic.

I know what you're saying, but that still makes my mind run in circles trying to decide if I should correct you or not.
---
Playing) FE: Awakening, Guild Wars 2. Skyrim, Pokemon White 2, Harvest Moon 11
Waiting) Pokemon XY, Batman: Arkham Origins, Titanfall, PvZ Garden Warfare
#13DontBeHeroPosted 9/11/2013 10:53:40 PM
yeah because a minuscule flower, perfume, cotton candy and the suppose rumored bag of potato chips fairy type pokemon will be a real threat in competitive battling.

who knows, unless we know its real stats or more fairy type Pokemon are revealed.
---
PSN: DontBeHero
#14MM125Posted 9/11/2013 11:15:33 PM
LenneValkirye posted...
If the answer is yes, then it's like the Gen 1 Psychic type.

Clearly you don't understand Gen 1 Psychic type.
---
Oooh, MM, he be tryin' you, dawg. He be tryin' you. Best mind you biiiiiiiz-ness. ~KMA
*triple z snap* ~AluminumTicket
#15pushstart1989Posted 9/13/2013 6:55:59 AM
The_Undying_84 posted...
Are Lick and Pin Missile the strongest Steel and Poison moves in this Gen? Unless they are, it's not even close to the same thing as Gen 1 Psychic.

Spot on! Although I'm still scratching my head as to why Fairy types are dragon slayers. As for fighting types being the top types in the game- HUH? This thread's the 1st I've heard of it, I've always relished destroying strong fighting types to gain easy xp
#16Slayerblade11Posted 9/15/2013 9:24:56 AM
A bullet bunch weakness is never good.
#17abcDSBTPosted 9/15/2013 9:28:56 AM
Counting our Day Care received eggs before they hatch into that Adamant Haxorus with Mold Breaker and good IVs aren't we, TC?
---
That light at the end of the tunnel might be a train.
3DS FC: 1977-0538-5534
#18NionelPosted 9/15/2013 9:59:30 AM
I think people are seriously overstating how stong Fairy type is, in large part due to just how long it has been since we recieved a new type. I know there are more Pokemon to be revealed, and we only have BSTs for a few Fairy types, but honestly I think the only ones that even have a romote chance of having any real effect on the game are Gardevoir or Sylveon, Xerneas is obvious but will likely be Uber tier.

As far as the other Fairies go, I just don't see Spritzee, Swirlix, Mawile, Marill, or Jigglypuff being any sort of a threat. Most of the new Pokemon will likely be frail with 400ish BST, so they'll be no real threat to any of the Pokemon they exist to counter, so long as you aren't running nothing but moves they resist. Gen 1 Psychic was an entirely different beast, because the types it was weak to had no real attacks to speak of and the only Ghost and Bug types that learned attacks that would be super effective to psychics were part poison type and therefor weak to psychic. It's a bit too early to say at this point, because we don't know barely any new attacks or what changes are potentially being made to old Pokemon for this generation either, but I don't think Fairy is going to make much, if any, real impact on the games, but that's just me.
---
Black 2 FC: 5244 3977 2266