This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

X mewtwo is manly and Y mewtwo is girly, so why chromosome swap?

#21WobbuffetGodPosted 9/12/2013 9:12:32 PM
Because you need to stop assigning human stereotypes to non-humans.
#22HalecticPosted 9/12/2013 11:12:11 PM
Mewtwo is neither male or female

Male and Female only apply as a term for reproduction.

If you can never reproduce you never need to be male or female.
---
Digimon World Dawn FC 000111545835
#23JarickoPosted 9/12/2013 11:16:49 PM
Didn't we already have a thread on this earlier?
---
Jaricko - Official Venustoise of the omniverse / bacon in the fridge for all those who cry out in hunger of the Gamefaq's 3ds boards.
#24DEKMStephensPosted 9/13/2013 12:02:06 AM
It is showing Mewtwo is okay with its sexuality
---
The official nothing of nothing at the moment.
show support http://tinyurl.com/KH3forWiiU
#25MoonLightCloudPosted 9/13/2013 12:10:55 AM
This seems weird to me too. It's incredibly obvious that Mewtwo X is meant to be the masculine one and Mewtwo Y is meant to be the feminine one, so shouldn't the one with a Y chromosome be the male one?

Obviously X is the feminine one, it's covering itself up a lot more (the lines on it definitely look more like it's wearing clothes or an outfit, especially in comparison to Y).
Y is all out there, so it's gotta be a man (lulz). Plus, look at the size of that tail. Also, Y's horns are more threatening looking.
And it's not like feminine men and masculine women don't exist.

This is mostly a joke if you can't tell, but it really isn't "incredibly obvious" either way.
#26willingmessPosted 9/13/2013 12:17:36 AM
People are thinking about this from too clean a perspective. Of course there will be human characteristics and or human views on gender characteristics, because this game, invariably, is made by humans.
---
Warning: reader discretion is advised for the preceding post! Read it, it's funny!
#27person_pitchPosted 9/13/2013 12:21:38 AM
I think the chromosome that determines gender varies from species to species. For example, male birds are XX.
#28DEKMStephensPosted 9/13/2013 7:15:45 PM
person_pitch posted...
I think the chromosome that determines gender varies from species to species. For example, male birds are XX.

*ZZ homozygous
---
The official nothing of nothing at the moment.
show support http://tinyurl.com/KH3forWiiU