This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

An interesting note on the latest leak (dual-type moves speculation)

#1LenneValkiryePosted 9/12/2013 2:47:17 AM
Notice how on the moves' scan Oblivion Wing and Geomancy have "???" as their type, unlike all the others which have a specified type (i.e. Topsy-Turvy is listed as a dark type).

Given all the secrecy about Sylveon's type before the Fairy type was officially revealed, could this hint that they're dual type moves?
Dark/Flying Oblivion Wing?
Fairy/Grass (or Ground) Geomancy?
#2pryceoflifePosted 9/12/2013 2:56:56 AM
No. Dual type moves are a horrible idea. Goodbye.
---
OddBen
my GE fc: 0591-8749-1362
#3Sloth9230Posted 9/12/2013 2:58:16 AM
pryceoflife posted...

lol, thinking you have a say in this matter.
#4NessEggmanPosted 9/12/2013 3:03:06 AM
please don't let there be dual type attacks :(
---
"Earth is a silly place. Half the world has no clean water. And the other half has so much, they poo in it."
3DS FC: 2750 1911 5515
#5pryceoflifePosted 9/12/2013 3:05:43 AM
Sloth9230 posted...
pryceoflife posted...

lol, thinking your opinion is the right one
---
OddBen
my GE fc: 0591-8749-1362
#6NeonDragon9000Posted 9/12/2013 3:07:15 AM
Don't see what the big deal is. It will probably work like those moves that are Special-based but do physical damage. That is, it will be labeled as a Fairy move, but actually do, say, Grass-type damage, so only STAB and pros/cons would take effect.

IF that's how they're going to work.
---
"Microsoft is not a helicopter." ~Gerald Ilukwe
#7jEr3mYPosted 9/12/2013 3:08:20 AM
the ONLY way dual-typed moves will work is this without making it broken.

Say you have a Water/Electric cannon of awesomeness attack.... its Power is 50/50, thus being a 100BP attack...

each element is 50BP.. if it's used against a type that's weak to one element, THAT element hits double.. and blah blah as usual....

So as mentioned this Water/Electric cannon of awesomeness attack hits a Ground/Rock type.. the Water element his 4x, but the Electric element is completely immune due to there being a Ground type on defending Pokemon...

so basically, it's like two attacks in one...

But yeah.. the idea is stupid, but that's about the only way it can be done...
---
Non-Specific Action Figure has to be in the next Super Smash Bros game. If you agree, send me a message. Number of people who agree: 19 - updated 27 August 2013
#8SephirothtPosted 9/12/2013 3:22:30 AM
NeonDragon9000 posted...
Don't see what the big deal is. It will probably work like those moves that are Special-based but do physical damage. That is, it will be labeled as a Fairy move, but actually do, say, Grass-type damage, so only STAB and pros/cons would take effect.

IF that's how they're going to work.

I actually like this idea. It's simple but can be really useful without becoming op.
---
Officially faved Ninetales everywhere, http://i.imgur.com/KBiuUQl.png
"You saying I like dudes?"
#9Sloth9230Posted 9/12/2013 3:28:19 AM
pryceoflife posted...
Sloth9230 posted...
pryceoflife posted...

lol, thinking your opinion is the right one

lol, opinions? If GF makes dual type moves then they wont go away just because you don't like them. Opinions have nothing to do with this.
#10Sloth9230Posted 9/12/2013 3:32:04 AM
jEr3mY posted...
the ONLY way dual-typed moves will work is this without making it broken.

Say you have a Water/Electric cannon of awesomeness attack.... its Power is 50/50, thus being a 100BP attack...

each element is 50BP.. if it's used against a type that's weak to one element, THAT element hits double.. and blah blah as usual....

So as mentioned this Water/Electric cannon of awesomeness attack hits a Ground/Rock type.. the Water element his 4x, but the Electric element is completely immune due to there being a Ground type on defending Pokemon...

so basically, it's like two attacks in one...

But yeah.. the idea is stupid, but that's about the only way it can be done...

This would suck... you'd need both elements to be S/E just to do the damage of a 1 element SE attack. If they ever do double element attacks then it better not be this way.