This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So all they changed about the type chart is...

#1Faust_8Posted 9/12/2013 7:44:06 AM
1) All the changes dealing with Fairy

2) Steel doesn't resist Dark or Ghost, to make up for it being strong against Fairy

Am I correct? I think Steel is the only type that got retroactively changed, I just want to be sure.

My opinion:

I like it. It's a good idea to take away two resistances if Steel is going to be strong against Fairy and resist it too. I like Fairy's strengths and weaknesses too.

However...I hate how Fairy resists Bug. Why? Why?? There is no reason for something ELSE to resist Bug! What with Poison and Steel getting an offensive boost, are they trying to make Bug the new worst offensive type?

Also it still kinda sucks that Dark is gaining a Fairy weakness, however I guess it's ok since they no longer have to worry about Steel types resisting their STAB.
---
I'm not against religion. I'm against all bad ideas, held for bad reasons, prompting bad behavior.
#2Great_ReapettePosted 9/12/2013 7:47:21 AM
Meatgross and Jirachi are softly weeping with all the lights turned on while doing an exorcism somewhere.
---
Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.
#3Faust_8(Topic Creator)Posted 9/12/2013 7:58:07 AM
I just realized that there is now no way for Psychic to not be weak to Dark and Ghost unless it's Psychic/Fighting, Psychic/Dark, or Psychic/Fairy (although in that case it's still weak to Ghost).

Also Ghost has neutral or better coverage on everything except Dark.
---
I'm not against religion. I'm against all bad ideas, held for bad reasons, prompting bad behavior.
#4vital_tundraPosted 9/12/2013 7:58:23 AM
Yeah Bug is now worst offensive type after Poison got a buff.
---
3DS friend code: 1848-2159-5405 (Richie)
#5XandrewPosted 9/13/2013 5:59:10 PM
But isn't Bug almost as bad defensively as Ice? Which is the worst type between the two? (Not pokemon who can use those moves, the type itself)
---
absence of proof is better proof against than for.
#6niklnipPosted 9/13/2013 6:00:43 PM
Xandrew posted...
But isn't Bug almost as bad defensively as Ice? Which is the worst type between the two? (Not pokemon who can use those moves, the type itself)

Bug is worse offensively because it's resisted by so many types. At least ice moves are super effective against dragon.
---
Black 2 Friend Code [Nikl]: 0433-7110-2756
Official Swoobat of the Pokemon X board
#7KillerMechanoidPosted 9/13/2013 6:01:11 PM
Great_Reapette posted...
Meatgross and Jirachi are softly weeping with all the lights turned on while doing an exorcism somewhere.

You forgot Honedge.

At least he can counter Ghosts with his own Ghost type.
#8XandrewPosted 9/13/2013 6:04:06 PM
so they might as well have just taken Bug type out of the game?
---
absence of proof is better proof against than for.
#9Rad_DudesmanPosted 9/13/2013 6:07:13 PM
Bug is fine, it hasn't been bad since U-Turn was introduced
---
The official rad dude of the Pokemon X board.
Blaze the Cat is cool. People who agree: 4
#10niklnipPosted 9/13/2013 6:07:59 PM
No. Bug still has its uses (U Turn and it's SE against Dark and Psychic)

Also what would the bugs be typed now? I don't think a grass type Beedrill would make much sense.
---
Black 2 Friend Code [Nikl]: 0433-7110-2756
Official Swoobat of the Pokemon X board