This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I kinda miss the days when TMs were not a huge part of the game...

#1darkwing1232Posted 9/12/2013 8:14:05 PM
It used to be that you saw a pokemon, noted its type, and expected him to use that specific type's moves. Electric uses electric moves, Fighting uses fighting moves, Fire/Flying uses fire and flying moves.

Ever since TMs have been made spammable and allow pokemon to use moves that are not only not their type, more often they are moves that are SE against the type that are SE against them, it seems like its less strategy, more whoever has the fastest pokemon wins because odds are they have a move that is SE against the other player no matter what type they are.
#2FuneralCakePosted 9/12/2013 8:16:29 PM
So using varied moves is less strategic than using only STAB moves.

Yeah, seems legit.
---
YOU WANT SOME FUNERAL TO GO WITH THAT CAKE?
http://i.minus.com/ibeTNBZS1C6k9v.gif
#3DarkHeroZXPosted 9/12/2013 8:16:30 PM
You mean never? Tms have always been a huge part of the game. People would just use ARs to get infinite copies. It just took GF a while to figure that out
---
"I do a lot of push ups and sit-ups and I drink plenty of juice"-Vegeta
#4Sloth9230Posted 9/12/2013 8:17:21 PM
No. Just... no. This was my one complaint with Black/White.
#5themagicpainmanPosted 9/12/2013 8:18:41 PM
http://hydra-images.cursecdn.com/dota2.gamepedia.com/7/72/Dkseer_move_10.mp3
---
"Combine Cloak and Dagger with Boots of Swiftness so CC doesn't stop you from moving faster toward defeat." - Frost_shock_FTW
#6Zacks_FairPosted 9/12/2013 8:27:38 PM
What? Gen 1 had even weirder moves than it does now

Persian with Bubblebeam? Dewgong with Pay Day? Selfdestructing Mewtwo?
---
Official Hua Po of SMT4 board
3DS FC 3566-1544-7318 PM me if you add me!
#7Xenesis XenonPosted 9/12/2013 8:29:30 PM
Zacks_Fair posted...
What? Gen 1 had even weirder moves than it does now

Persian with Bubblebeam? Dewgong with Pay Day? Selfdestructing Mewtwo?

Various rock types with Water Gun?
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#8Rad_DudesmanPosted 9/12/2013 8:29:36 PM
darkwing1232 posted...
It used to be that you saw a pokemon, noted its type, and expected him to use that specific type's moves. Electric uses electric moves, Fighting uses fighting moves, Fire/Flying uses fire and flying moves.

Ever since TMs have been made spammable and allow pokemon to use moves that are not only not their type, more often they are moves that are SE against the type that are SE against them, it seems like its less strategy, more whoever has the fastest pokemon wins because odds are they have a move that is SE against the other player no matter what type they are.

It's always been like this. Pokemon always used moves that aren't their type.
---
The official rad dude of the Pokemon X board.
Blaze the Cat is cool. People who agree: 4
#9themagicpainmanPosted 9/12/2013 8:29:55 PM
Rhydon.

Surf.
---
"Combine Cloak and Dagger with Boots of Swiftness so CC doesn't stop you from moving faster toward defeat." - Frost_shock_FTW
#10bararad13Posted 9/12/2013 8:31:21 PM
while I agree that diversity is good and it wouldn't be much for if all pokemon would only use the same moves the abillitiy to use moves of a different type is an extremly important tactical element in battles as otherwise battles would be reduced to rock paper scissors and nothing more..