This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it worth it to play through both B/W and B2/W2?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Is it worth it to play through both B/W and B2/W2?
3 years ago#1
or just one or the other?

I'm debating on getting them soon but not sure if I should get both or just one (since I hear Black 2/ White 2 is better).
Scoreboard:
Xbox: 1, Playstation: 4
3 years ago#2
Yes it is.
We are at the brink of anarchy
3 years ago#3
I did. It got me in the spirit :)
3 years ago#4
Black/White 1 had the best story in Pokemon games IMO. It made it seem like the gyms and elite four were side stuff until after you defeat the regions evil team
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.11
3 years ago#5
It is, BW has a great story and BW2 has a lot of awesome post game content, It would be a waste not to experience either.
Don't worry about repetitiveness because BW2 adds a ton of new cities, spices up some of the already existing ones, and completely changes up the order in which you go trough them, in addition to giving you a crapload of great pokemon early on to use on your team (you can get a Lucario really early on for example).
I am the milkman. My milk is delicious.
It's fortified with what the world wants, what the world deserves.
3 years ago#6
Maybe I'll give them both a shot then.
Scoreboard:
Xbox: 1, Playstation: 4
3 years ago#7
B2/W2 is easily the least rehash a "third game" has been in the entire series. If there was ever a gen where I'd recommend both the originals, and the "third game" it'd be this one.
Oooh, MM, he be tryin' you, dawg. He be tryin' you. Best mind you biiiiiiiz-ness. ~KMA
*triple z snap* ~AluminumTicket
3 years ago#8
The sequels are better, but I think BW are good too. It should help you with the story to play BW first, but I think everything is pretty well explained in BW2 concerning what happened in the first games.
Playing) FE: Awakening, Guild Wars 2. Skyrim, Pokemon White 2, Harvest Moon 11
Waiting) Pokemon XY, Batman: Arkham Origins, Titanfall, PvZ Garden Warfare
3 years ago#9
Also, you get what TV Tropes would call an "old save bonus" in B2W2 if you've played BW.
Oooh, MM, he be tryin' you, dawg. He be tryin' you. Best mind you biiiiiiiz-ness. ~KMA
*triple z snap* ~AluminumTicket
3 years ago#10
I thought B/W were lame. It may be the most story Pokemon games every had, but I didn't like it at all.

I think B2/W2 were amazing though. They added a few more towns, and some post game content which should keep you very busy, whereas I have no reason to ever return to B/W.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Is it worth it to play through both B/W and B2/W2?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived