This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Type Chart Rebalance

#1MissCarriagePosted 9/12/2013 11:28:32 PM
With the addition of the Fairy type along with the Steel type possibly losing two of its resistances in Ghost and Dark, what else do you think GF should do in regards to rebalancing the type chart.

Ever since the end of Gen 1, the type chart has not been touched, merely added on to, but now there is a chance that GF may alter more of the type chart. What would you guys like changed around? I've already posted mine a couple of other threads, but I'd like to hear your opinions!
---
Love me long time.
#2Rad_DudesmanPosted 9/12/2013 11:31:14 PM
Give Ice some damn resistances
---
The official rad dude of the Pokemon X board.
Blaze the Cat is cool. People who agree: 4
#3fedartzPosted 9/12/2013 11:32:12 PM
Need more new types

Make Poison supper-effective against Dragon, normal, water.
---
We are at the brink of anarchy
#4roxbury1990Posted 9/12/2013 11:32:25 PM
Make grass no longer weak to ice. I understand that it's makes sense to have it that way, but grass is supposed to be strong against water types, but EVERY water type has ice moves. Grass types don't have water moves to combat fire, so it messes with that triangle a bit.
---
White FC: 2581 1588 9644 // wii code = 1308 9776 3256 7038 // 3DS FC: 4527-7258-1744 // GamerTag: Loftice
Parasect is the BEST
#5MissCarriage(Topic Creator)Posted 9/12/2013 11:33:21 PM
I definitely agree. I understand that Ice is supposed to be the glass cannon of the type chart, but with so many other types being able to use Ice type moves, Ice types themselves have been majorly shafted. It should gain resistances to Water and Dragon or at least lose its weakness to Fighting or Steel.
---
Love me long time.
#6Alty1Posted 9/12/2013 11:33:50 PM
Rad_Dudesman posted...
Give Ice some damn resistances

I'm pretty sure that goes against the whole concept of Ice.
#7MissCarriage(Topic Creator)Posted 9/12/2013 11:35:55 PM
fedartz posted...
Need more new types

I'm very happy that Poison got a new SE against Fairy, but I don't think Normal needs a nerf. If anything, Poison should be SE against Fighting or Bug (again) and lose its lack of effectiveness on Steel (it should just be NVE).
---
Love me long time.
#8MissCarriage(Topic Creator)Posted 9/12/2013 11:37:16 PM
roxbury1990 posted...
Make grass no longer weak to ice. I understand that it's makes sense to have it that way, but grass is supposed to be strong against water types, but EVERY water type has ice moves. Grass types don't have water moves to combat fire, so it messes with that triangle a bit.

Yeah, I dislike the fact that so many Water types can learn Ice moves while the opposite does not hold true. It ruins the concept of the Ice type since they have so many weaknesses and so few resistances. The little extra STAB most of the time just isn't enough to support using one.
---
Love me long time.
#9Gleason037Posted 9/13/2013 12:19:27 AM
MissCarriage posted...
fedartz posted...
Need more new types

I'm very happy that Poison got a new SE against Fairy, but I don't think Normal needs a nerf. If anything, Poison should be SE against Fighting or Bug (again) and lose its lack of effectiveness on Steel (it should just be NVE).

I KNEW Bug used to be weak against poison!

I was so confused when my Galvantula wasn't taking SE damage from Sludge Bomb and the like in B2.
---
PSN: Gleason037
3DS FC: Eh, tell me why you want it and sure.
#10BelligeroPosted 9/13/2013 12:30:24 AM
Rock should lose its Grass weakness.

Seriously, never understood that.