This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I genuinely believe that X & Y will be the best Pokemon games ever.

#1Lord_VishanaPosted 9/13/2013 6:18:52 AM
It seems like Game Freak was cognizant of our grievances and really devoted themselves to giving us the changes we've always wanted.

- A fully 3D world with a great aesthetic reminiscent of Dragon Quest.
- Customizable avatars appearance and clothing.
- New and efficient ways of trading and battling online.
- Changes to strengths and weakness of pokemon that will fundamentally change the competitive scene.
- Mega Evolutions and Fairy type. Things that will drastically alter the game itself and competitive battling.
- New type combinations that we've always wanted.
- Fantastic pokemon designs. Possibly the best we've ever seen.
- Poke Mon-Amie a nifty new minigame that lets you interact with your pokemon in unique ways.
- Horde and Sky Battles. Two nifty new battle types.

There's probably more we don't know about it. I'm just beyond excited for this Pokemon game. Does anyone feel the same way? It feels like this game will reinvigorate the series and take it to a whole new direction. :-)
---
Cuteness Overload! http://i.imgur.com/gw03gl7.png No Justice! No Peace! 3DS FC: 3394-3716-0128 Vita PSN: Queen_Sialeeds
#2Zangan_ZackPosted 9/13/2013 6:19:54 AM
It certainly looks great thus far.
---
The official Seraph of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
CP: Shin Megami Tensei IV, Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers
#3xAzNFoRcExPosted 9/13/2013 6:21:02 AM
I feel that way too. I have never anticipated a Pokemon game as much as this before.
---
3DS FC: 0430 8279 3215
AC:NL - Saito from The Void
#4Stabs2503Posted 9/13/2013 6:24:21 AM
Everything is awesome minus this Pokemon amie bs. If you are over the age of 10 nothing about this should be appealing. It was stupid having these beauty contests and poffin making mini games and now we get this lol. I don't know how anyone can find it fun just sitting there petting your Pokemon and feeding it over and over.
---
Sent from iPhone PowerFAQs.
#5Firelion6593Posted 9/13/2013 6:25:22 AM
Stabs2503 posted...
Everything is awesome minus this Pokemon amie bs. If you are over the age of 10 nothing about this should be appealing. It was stupid having these beauty contests and poffin making mini games and now we get this lol. I don't know how anyone can find it fun just sitting there petting your Pokemon and feeding it over and over.

Except Pokemon Amie gives your Pokemon improved performance in battle.

Plus, it's an immersion thing.
---
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.
#6Sume_GaiPosted 9/13/2013 6:28:38 AM
Stabs2503 posted...

Given Amie Is what I've pretty much always wanted to do with my Pokemon I wholeheartedly disagree. Sure it's just a side thing (which means there's not even much reason to complain if you dislike it) but the ability to interact with your Pokemon like a pet is awesome.
#7Lord_Vishana(Topic Creator)Posted 9/13/2013 6:33:53 AM
I'm a huge fan of pet simulation games like Nintendogs, so that's why I love Amie so much. Guys will be happy though, they can stroke and touch Gardevoir and Lopunny as much as they want.
---
Cuteness Overload! http://i.imgur.com/gw03gl7.png No Justice! No Peace! 3DS FC: 3394-3716-0128 Vita PSN: Queen_Sialeeds
#8LegendofDarkraiPosted 9/13/2013 6:36:42 AM
Agreed
---
Specter of shadows, ruler of the darkened moon, uncontrollable ~ Darkrai
#9Solar_CrimsonPosted 9/13/2013 6:48:03 AM
Stabs2503 posted...

You DO realize that the primary target audience of Pokemon is children, right?
---
http://backloggery.com/SolarCrimson - My Backloggery
The official Okuninushi of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#10pikachupwnagePosted 9/13/2013 6:59:05 AM
It will also be the best seller since gold and silver. Qoute me on this in a few years.
---
This is a work of a demon isn't it? Demons here, demons there! It's all so....demoning.