This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Grass types got a huge boost

#1LenneValkiryePosted 9/13/2013 8:40:29 AM
I have seen people complaining about grass types not getting a boost when the type chart changes were revealed, but Spore immunity alone is huge in my book.
Thoughts?

Also, electric types being immune to paralysis is nice.
#2CakeOfLiesPosted 9/13/2013 8:46:10 AM
Well, it nerfs Breloom a bit, but it's a tremendous buff for things like Ferrothorn.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 3139-7420-3142 - THIEF
#3KillerMechanoidPosted 9/13/2013 8:46:27 AM
Would the immunity to paralysis be able to stop Jirachi further? Just switch to an elec type that's faster than it.
#4Grass_GemPosted 9/13/2013 8:47:18 AM
I'm SO EXCITED for the grass boost!
---
Grass types are wonderful!
#5InhaledCornPosted 9/13/2013 8:48:33 AM
Breloom got a slight nerf in that its Spore is slightly less effective, but it also gained a buff in that its own Spore can't be Magic Bounced on it anymore.

They used to always be immune to Leech Seed, but the increased immunity to Powder-moves was unexpected and great! Now, sweepers don't have to worry about the occasional double-powder Pokes hitting them with a Stun Spore, and Chlorophyll Venusaur can be the Breloom "Sleep" fodder!

I just hope they decide to return Sleep to the way it was in that its counter doesn't reset when you switch out. Whomever thought that was a good idea should be shot.
---
3DS FC: 2578-3118-6645 PSN: PowahBoxers
I need to play Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door again...
#6LenneValkirye(Topic Creator)Posted 9/13/2013 8:51:06 AM(edited)
Well, considering the 2 best widespread sleep moves are both grass-type, even if the sleep mechanics stay the same at least now grass-types can act as reliable sleep absorbers.
This is a pretty big reason to include a grass-type in your team.
#7meiyukiPosted 9/13/2013 8:51:29 AM
Kind of, one big problem is grass has a hard time fighting grass, and in many cases a harder time fighting spore users. Parasect is bug/grass so even without spore he can be a threat to any grass switching in. Granted he's the weakest of the bunch. Breloom still has high attack and fighting attacks so unless you switch in a grass/poison or something he's probably more a threat to you than you are to him. Amoongus can still learn sludge bomb so again that's a threat.

A boost? Yes, huge not really.

The paralyze immunity on electrics is probably the bigger boost.
#8LenneValkirye(Topic Creator)Posted 9/13/2013 8:54:40 AM
I would definitely call it a huge boost, at least in OU.
Breloom is one of those pokemon that quite a few people consider broken because Spore essentially neutralizes anything that would counter it while letting Breloom setting up on them. With this new mechanic now pokemon such as Amoonguss and Venusaur are 100% counters no matter what.
#9aaron1111Posted 9/13/2013 8:55:24 AM
Where can I view this chart? :o
#10UmuruPosted 9/13/2013 8:56:09 AM
aaron1111 posted...
Where can I view this chart? :o

www.pokemonxy.com/_ui/img/_en/art/Type-Matchup_chart_EN.pdf