This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Grass types got a huge boost

#11arvilinoPosted 9/13/2013 7:56:30 AM
aaron1111 posted...
Where can I view this chart? :o

On this PDF.

http://www.pokemonxy.com/_ui/img/_en/art/Type-Matchup_chart_EN.pdf
---
"The fact of the matter is that we've been here constantly. We've been betraying peoples expectations, in a good way, for a long time."
#12el_tercer_poderPosted 9/13/2013 7:56:40 AM
Welp, it happened.
Now Rotom-C's going to be the most used Rotom form ever.
---
"Many of you feel bad for this lamp...That is because you're crazy.
It has no feelings! And the new one is much better." (IKEA's Lamp commercial)
#13meiyukiPosted 9/13/2013 8:04:54 AM
LenneValkirye posted...
I would definitely call it a huge boost, at least in OU.
Breloom is one of those pokemon that quite a few people consider broken because Spore essentially neutralizes anything that would counter it while letting Breloom setting up on them. With this new mechanic now pokemon such as Amoonguss and Venusaur are 100% counters no matter what.

I don't see amoongus as a breloom counter. It can hit him with sludge bomb, but it's very slow and not very defensive. It's a free switch because no one is going to use spore on breloom, and you can switch to an easy one shot kill because it's so slow almost anything is going to get the first attack on it.

Venusaur is a better counter but again you know exactly what attack is coming. It's an easy switch to something that can survive poison and grass/poison has a ton of weaknesses to common attacks, plus he's also fairly slow.

Like I say it helps, I just don't think because of the way grass works it's exactly huge.
#14InhaledCornPosted 9/13/2013 8:11:10 AM
el_tercer_poder posted...
Welp, it happened.
Now Rotom-C's going to be the most used Rotom form ever.

I won't say ever. Rotom-W still has only one weakness (two if they happen to have Mold Breaker), and a move that doesn't weaken upon usage. And now, with the new Electric buff, it can't be Paralyzed either.

However, Rotom-C might see an increase in usage, yes. It can't be put to sleep by Spore or the occasional Sleep Powder. That's the one plus its got going for it over Rotom-W.

So, final conclusion, it will probably have its niche rolls likely putting it in at least UU, but Rotom-W will still be the most used Rotom form.
---
3DS FC: 2578-3118-6645 PSN: PowahBoxers
I need to play Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door again...