This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

About the priority of Mega Evolutions.

#1blademan08Posted 9/13/2013 11:12:27 AM
Not sure if this has been proven from the demo with Mega Mewtwo, but how does the priority of the ability or typing work?

Say I have a Charizard and I'm facing Kyogre. Drizzle had just been activated recently and it's stuck with Thunder via Choice Scarf. If I activate the Mega Evolution, will Drought work immediately or will Kyogre be able to strike with 100% accuracy before the ability kicks in?

On another note, say I expect a water attack and I want to defend its power by switching to Mega Ampharos for the dragon typing. If I make the switch, am I able to summon the mega form immediately before the water hits Ampharos in its normal form?

These possible restrictions could cripple the metagame for Megas, so I would like to know for closure.
#2RemixV4Posted 9/13/2013 11:17:31 AM
Ive wondered too. I assume mega weather will work the same as switching. As for transforming to resist, i think the transformation goes first. unless they attack right after though, the opponent could just decide not to use that attack anymore
---
The heart is shaken more by a single action than a thousand words.
#3MM125Posted 9/13/2013 11:27:02 AM
Very good questions, but we won't know til the game comes out.
---
Oooh, MM, he be tryin' you, dawg. He be tryin' you. Best mind you biiiiiiiz-ness. ~KMA
*triple z snap* ~AluminumTicket