This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How many pokemon in this game

#1SenactPosted 9/13/2013 11:22:23 AM
Does this game contain all 6 or 700ish (no idea how many there are) in the game? Or does it only contain a select few hundred from the entire roster? I'm new to the series and I am only vaguely familiar with the first 150. Considering getting into the game with this release, and curious what to expect. If the game does contain all of them and I was crazy enough to try and get them all, can you store that many on your save file?

Thanks
#2Hachimitsu83Posted 9/13/2013 11:25:30 AM
According to my trusted source.

It will about 865 pokemon
#3Tigo73Posted 9/13/2013 11:26:07 AM
We donīt know yet, but the games generally do a good job of having most Pokemon available in one generation, even if you have to wait for the third version. There will probably a few (such as starter pokemon) you have to trade from other versions though.

Also, the game generally gives you enough excess space for all Pokemon+some, but if even thatīs not enough, you have the Bank app coming out this December.

And about the total number, all we know is that the 700 threshold has been surpassed.
---
The man who will steal your candles.
Official Omoikane of the SMT IV board.
#4PyroFly XPosted 9/13/2013 11:27:29 AM
Does the game have the ability to have them all? Yes. Transferring from Gen 5 games is confirmed. So it is possible to have all the old Pokemon here.

Trading is always an option as well.

Whether or not you will be able to catch all of them natively in this version of the game is unknown but doubtful.

Chances are it will be like previous generations, with a lot of old gen Pokemon included, but some that are not.

Until it comes out, we don't know for sure!
---
Pokemon White 2 FC: 4299-0789-1392
#5Senact(Topic Creator)Posted 9/13/2013 1:29:10 PM
Ok, sounds good.

Thanks for the input