This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sign here if this will be your first Pokemon game

#11javel34Posted 9/13/2013 12:50:48 PM
Dev0311 posted...
pikachupwnage posted...
Dev0311 posted...
I don't know a thing about Pokémon except what I see in Smash Bros. So I'm very excited to learn the battle system. I just hope it's not too hard to understand.

18 types, several hundreds attacks, couple hundred abilities, well over 700 pokemon...yeah piece of cake.

Wow is that 700 pokemon in one game? Well I will start reading more about Pokémon before I buy this game.

No 700+ total

Each game will have version exclusives

And there will probably be Pokemon but available unless transferred in.

In game moves and abilities won't matter much. Feel free to experiment.
---
Black 2 FC: 3569 1730 6208 She would return every so often. Her lips tasted like tragedy, but he could never forget her. How could he when she was always near?
#12Earth_EchidnaPosted 9/13/2013 12:51:21 PM
Dev0311 posted...
pikachupwnage posted...
Dev0311 posted...
I don't know a thing about Pokémon except what I see in Smash Bros. So I'm very excited to learn the battle system. I just hope it's not too hard to understand.

18 types, several hundreds attacks, couple hundred abilities, well over 700 pokemon...yeah piece of cake.

Wow is that 700 pokemon in one game? Well I will start reading more about Pokémon before I buy this game.

It may not be as such. In the third generation- namely, FireRed and Leafgreen- there was a National Dex introduced that allows you to get older Pokémon. Some are version exclusives, and others may be transferable from older gens, but even so, there's a total of over 700. I would choose the ones you like and base a team off them.
---
3DS FC: 2707-2741-9594
Be warned, I may jump to epic fails of conclusions and general other errors. In advance, I apologise.
#13Rayquaza_is_ZPosted 9/13/2013 12:53:13 PM
0311? Grunt?

haha lol
---
Official Chigorasu of the Pokemon X Board!
Draceon for 2013! http://i.imgur.com/FBj4tzy.png
#14MM125Posted 9/13/2013 12:59:37 PM
Pokémon's battle system is deep, without being complex. You won't have any trouble picking it up.
---
Oooh, MM, he be tryin' you, dawg. He be tryin' you. Best mind you biiiiiiiz-ness. ~KMA
*triple z snap* ~AluminumTicket
#15Dev0311(Topic Creator)Posted 9/13/2013 12:59:38 PM
Rayquaza_is_Z posted...
0311? Grunt?

haha lol

What's that? Oh it's just my name in numerical code.

One last question, are there tutorials for this game? Or do you just jump right in and expected to carry over prior knowledge about Pokémon? Thank you everyone...
#16Rayquaza_is_ZPosted 9/13/2013 1:02:47 PM
Dev0311 posted...
Rayquaza_is_Z posted...
0311? Grunt?

haha lol

What's that? Oh it's just my name in numerical code.

One last question, are there tutorials for this game? Or do you just jump right in and expected to carry over prior knowledge about Pokémon? Thank you everyone...

Oh, nvm. 0311 is an MOS, don't worry about it.
But yes, there will be tutorials in-game. That's GameFreak's way of handling every new installments making it very user-friendly meaning anyone can just jump right on board even if it's your first Pokemon game.
---
Official Chigorasu of the Pokemon X Board!
Draceon for 2013! http://i.imgur.com/FBj4tzy.png
#17freekhenstraPosted 9/13/2013 1:19:58 PM
NPCs also tell you about mechanics, and they will often give you items as well. Talking to all of them can help out a lot, especially for beginners.