This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pokemon game with the best writing?

#1A1B2C3E4F5Posted 9/13/2013 3:10:28 PM
Which pokemon game has the best writing?
---
It's interesting how underneath the costume, there is just a man, like you or me... but his facade evokes fear, our most primal emotion.
xX_PaulBlart_XX
#2P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 9/13/2013 3:11:30 PM
In terms of what, plot? Or musical score?

Plot = Black and White, easily
Music = Diamond and Pearl
---
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
#3Iced_ShadowsPosted 9/13/2013 3:12:26 PM
P0k3m0nWaRR10R8 posted...
In terms of what, plot? Or musical score?

Plot = Black and White, easily
Music = Diamond and Pearl

This, easily.
---
Shadow Temple...
Here is gathered Hyrule's bloody history of greed and hatred... - Shadow Temple Walls
#4SuperSonicDBZPosted 9/13/2013 3:14:28 PM
Hmm.

Plot - Black and White. Team Plasma didn't feel like bad guys. Not until Ghetsis went and pulled a **** move on everyone. BW2 was just a kick to the groin for the original Team Plasma. Poor N.

Musical Score - Heart Gold & Soul Silver. I love the Kanto songs the most still. Most Johto songs are good too. So having them revamped from Gen 2 is amazing. Silver has a great battle theme, Champion Battle Song is grand, Remix of the Kanto theme is also great. Even the Kanto trainer battle theme is gold.
---
Donnel is my # 1 bro. We fist bump, slay some risen, eat some chicken strips, bomb the Valmese and steal sugar from Gaius on a daily basis. Like a Boss. FE:A
#5SocranPosted 9/13/2013 3:20:53 PM
Yeah, Black and White was great for the way they turned around the classic "Always be good to your Pokemon!" moral from previous games. N was an example of what happens when the human/Pokemon relationship becomes too focused on the Pokemon and forgets about other humans. Being able to connect with another human being, who in turn had a strong connection with his/her own Pokemon, rocked his Pokemon-centric world.

And then Ghetsis came out of nowhere after you thought you beat the final boss, revealed a legitimate evil plot, and wiped out your brand spanking new legendary in one hit with his Hydreigon. Too bad he became much less badass in B2/W2.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#6morgoth834Posted 9/13/2013 3:27:49 PM
SuperSonicDBZ posted...
Hmm.

Plot - Black and White. Team Plasma didn't feel like bad guys. Not until Ghetsis went and pulled a **** move on everyone. BW2 was just a kick to the groin for the original Team Plasma. Poor N.

Musical Score - Heart Gold & Soul Silver. I love the Kanto songs the most still. Most Johto songs are good too. So having them revamped from Gen 2 is amazing. Silver has a great battle theme, Champion Battle Song is grand, Remix of the Kanto theme is also great. Even the Kanto trainer battle theme is gold.

Agreed 100%.
#7Krio Lv3Posted 9/13/2013 3:29:40 PM
morgoth834 posted...
SuperSonicDBZ posted...
Hmm.

Agreed 100%.

---
Taylor Lautner - Giving me strength since the New Moon