This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are you gonna be a boy or a girl? (Poll)

#21furygodsPosted 9/13/2013 8:11:36 PM
Gonna play as a girl so I could try out all of those new clothes and cosplay.
---
With courage comes glory. With glory comes immortality.
#22Twenty0nePosted 9/13/2013 8:15:06 PM
Guy/Guy always if I have a choice
---
M's 2014
http://i.imgur.com/9WbAL.gif
#23Probit_ReturnPosted 9/13/2013 8:16:17 PM
SH076UNNER posted...
Do people who are male and choose girl characters look at them in first person, or third person.

Basically what i'm asking is,

First person = Imagining as if YOU are the character in this miniature digital world and immersing yourself as the person going through this Pokemon adventure. Not as intense as this sounds, but you get my point, right? WANTING to be the character and acting as if those few hundred pixels are you.

Or

Third person = Viewing the character as if you're following the story that YOU create, pretty much being the 'God' of this world, controlling it's every move and seeing the outcome, but not personally thinking it's you or wanting it to be you.

This goes for any combination of Gender to character preference. I dunno, am i making sense here? Just wondering how your guy's thought process works while playing the game.

I always see it as a third person thing, regardless of the game (meaning anything with a silent, nameable protagonist even beyond Pokemon) or the MC's gender. They're just another character in the world. Their actions and personalities are just a bit more up in the air and open to individual interpretation. For instance, last time I ran through Fire Red, I imagined Leaf to be a bit of a sarcastic snark and unwilling to put up with Blue/Green's antics and attitude. That's just how I view it and play it though. I know there are other people who think differently.

As for the topic, I'm a guy, and I'll most likely be playing a girl. If I end up getting both versions somewhere down the line though, I'll probably have a file for both.
---
Hinako danced crazy
#24VIIVincentPosted 9/13/2013 8:18:32 PM
chick

trainer customization got me sold on picking the girl. UNLESS and a BIG if... they get you clothes from trainers and cameos like Red or Ruby. Ruby's hat is god tier.
---
The end is nigh! *continues playing game*
#25SirPiercePosted 9/13/2013 8:18:39 PM
I'm a guy.

I will play a guy on my X (initial playthrough).

I will play a girl on my Y (Fairy Monotype playthrough).
---
Xerneas, The DNAntler Pokemon
Currently Awaiting...SSBU, SSB3DS, Pokemon X, Pokemon Y and Watch Dogs.
#26Kromlech06Posted 9/13/2013 8:24:01 PM
Girl, probably.
---
3DS FC: 2277-6801-3957
#27choicespecPosted 9/13/2013 8:39:28 PM
Playing as the female on X and male on Y, for their respective chromosomes.
#28DragrathPosted 9/13/2013 8:43:27 PM
I'll have one male and one female like I usually do (I always get both versions)
#29Frankula(Topic Creator)Posted 9/13/2013 10:56:48 PM
I might get both versions if I enjoy it enough, but It just depends since with pokebank i'll be able to restart my file without losing any pokemon
---
Now i know why they call it salt, it's so di YUM
#30Noble-HeartPosted 9/13/2013 11:00:40 PM
Male

Like the past two generations I will be a girl in my first playthrough.
---
Official Crystal of the Pokemon X and Y board
Korrina is mai waifu ^_^ http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/1/13/Korrina.png