This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

all of the type chart now is fine, except for one type

#1Zero97Posted 9/14/2013 12:47:25 AM
Yes, even grass and psychic are fine, and Water and Electric aren't overpowered.

The most useless type now (and it always was, and seems it will never get better) is Ice type.. It's also my favorite type.

the type still only resists itself, and the Ice pokemon themselves are mostly weak in comparison to other Type pokemon

I read the news that Rock pokemon gain Sp.Def when there is sandstorm, but then I see that Ice doesn't, Why not have Ice get a similar treatement!??

the only buff Ice type has got is that they can't be frozen anymore.

That's all.

why.
---
3DS: 0173-1416-4513
NNID: Zero97
#2LightningHawk90Posted 9/14/2013 12:49:33 AM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67238451

Literally still on the first page.
---
Formerly RageKaiser. Still here to ruin unfunny topics :)
#3Zero97(Topic Creator)Posted 9/14/2013 12:52:04 AM
LightningHawk90 posted...
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67238451

Literally still on the first page.

hmm

well this topic is solely ranting about Ice-type, that topic is more.
---
3DS: 0173-1416-4513
NNID: Zero97
#4VaironGodPosted 9/14/2013 12:54:28 AM
It annoys me as well. If only Ice could at least resist fairy that would be nice. But really a 50% boost to defence in hail would be amazing.

Only Froslass and Frost-Rotom, two freaking Pokemon, manage to not have more weaknesses than resistances/immunities. That is just depressing.
---
FC: 2552-0423-5883
#5MissCarriagePosted 9/14/2013 1:00:26 AM
Thanks for linking my thread! =)

And yes, Ice types have gotten the shaft from GF for so long its ridiculous. They have far too many weaknesses to make up for their strengths. They definitely need a buff, and if GF doesn't give them any this gen when they are changing so much on the type chart, I will be sorely disappointed.

Even though my favorite type is Poison and I want it to have more buffs, I think it is in a pretty good spot now being such a great defensive typing and gaining a new strength vs. Fairies.

And don't Ice types have the least or one of the least type combinations of the whole type chart? Most of them are paired with Water with a few other randoms on Pokemon that hardly see use.
---
Love me long time.
#6Skull_proPosted 9/14/2013 1:15:12 AM
MissCarriage posted...

And yes, Ice types have gotten the shaft from GF for so long its ridiculous. They have far too many weaknesses to make up for their strengths. They definitely need a buff, and if GF doesn't give them any this gen when they are changing so much on the type chart, I will be sorely disappointed.

Even though my favorite type is Poison and I want it to have more buffs, I think it is in a pretty good spot now being such a great defensive typing and gaining a new strength vs. Fairies.

And don't Ice types have the least or one of the least type combinations of the whole type chart? Most of them are paired with Water with a few other randoms on Pokemon that hardly see use.

Hmmm

We've had...

Ice/Psychic
Ice/Water
Ice/Flying
Ice/Dark
Ice/Ground
Pure Ice
Ice/Grass
Ice/Ghost
Ice/Electric
Ice/Dragon

That's quite a bit, if you ask me.
---
Arguing with TC is like playing chess with a pigeon: The pigeon craps on the table, knocks over your king, and flies away, declaring victory.
#7NewAgeDoomPosted 9/14/2013 1:19:57 AM
Skull_pro posted...
MissCarriage posted...

Hmmm

We've had...

Ice/Psychic
Ice/Water
Ice/Flying
Ice/Dark
Ice/Ground
Pure Ice
Ice/Grass
Ice/Ghost
Ice/Electric
Ice/Dragon

That's quite a bit, if you ask me.

What was the Ice/Electric type? I don't remember
---
PSN Handle: NewAgeDoom
#8Rad_DudesmanPosted 9/14/2013 1:22:14 AM
Ice is GameFreak's red-headed stepchild.
---
The official rad dude of the Pokemon X board.
Blaze the Cat is cool. People who agree: 4
#9sonicfanaticjtbPosted 9/14/2013 1:24:33 AM
Well... Here's some reasons as to why Ice has not seen any buffs...

Offensively, Ice hits 4 types for super effective damage. Notably, Dragon and Ground. It is also resisted by 4 types, notably Steel and Water (while fire is a fairly prominent type competitively, it isn't a very strong defensive type meaning that you can probably hit it for at least neutral damage with a coverage move. Water and especially Steel is harder to cover than Fire is. ) It is a very powerful type offensively, which is why it is quite often seen as a coverage move, rather it be in the form of Hidden Power, Ice Beam, or Ice Punch.

It has the most powerful and broke status condition in being frozen. If you're pokémon is frozen, it's probably useless for the rest of the game. Period.

In hail, Blizzard gets perfect accuracy. In lower tiers, Blizzard spam teams can be a viable and effective strategy. 120 base power with a 30% chance to freeze? Not even carrying an Ice resist or two (or 6 ) is completely safe.

Defensively, it has 4 weaknesses. Not to bad on paper, but then you realize that all of it's weaknesses are prominent in competitive play and that it's otherwise hit for neutral damage by everything except itself, and you're in for a rough time defensively. To add insult to injury, the types that it's weak to all got a buff in gen 4. Fighting was buffed by receiving some excellent STAB moves like Close Combat, Rock was buffed by receiving Fail Edge (75 BP with 95 accuracy vs 100 BP and 80 accuracy ) and THE entry hazard which has defined competitive play ever since, Physical/Special split meant that physical fire types could finally have a usable STAB move (That Flareon still has not gotten, poor guy. ), and Steel got Bullet Punch. Or rather, Scizor got Bullet Punch. FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Anywho, yeah. There's the reasons for why and the reason why those reasons don't mean a damn thing.
---
"God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy"
"I don't give a damn what other people think. What do ya think about that?"
#10LenneValkiryePosted 9/14/2013 1:28:21 AM(edited)
Ice is not useless because it's still a powerful offensive type and STAB on that is a huge plus.
There is a reason Donphan simply doesn't cut it as an Ice Shard user, unlike Mamoswine.

Also ice has less weaknesses than rock and grass. Grass is a superior defensive type for having useful resistances... rock not so much.

Anyway the reason I think TrollFreak is not buffing ice is because in doubles, their main metagame, hail and Blizzspamming is much more dangerous compared to singles. That's where ice types really shine.