This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which secondary type triangle do you think is more plausable now?

#1kirbydude385Posted 9/14/2013 12:07:06 PM
Think about it - Results (64 votes)
Grass/Dark, Fire/Psychic, Water/Fighting
79.69% (51 votes)
Grass/Steel, Fire/Fairy, Water/Fighting
20.31% (13 votes)
This poll is now closed.
The first one is from the rumor, but the second one was brought up by some video i was watching, and it honestly makes more sense now that Chespin is seemingly becoming all armored up.
---
Official Manectric and Creator of the B/W, BW2, and XY Boards Clan
Official Dawn of the BW2 Boards
Khaini: ImSooBipolar - 14x Luminous
#2EnferolunosPosted 9/14/2013 12:08:50 PM
"other"
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFXV, KHIII
Don't start unbelieving! Never do not feel your feelings!
#3ZTIger5Posted 9/14/2013 12:10:21 PM
The problem with Grass/Steel and Fire/Fairy is that it's wholly in favor of Fennekin. Chespin would have a x4 Fire weakness, while his Steel attacks would do neutral damage.
---
Playing: Fire Emblem Awakening, Pokemon White 2, Bioshock Infinite
I believe in everlasting life in Heaven.
#4GolurkcanflyPosted 9/14/2013 12:10:32 PM
Why not Fire/Fairy, Water/Dark, and Grass/Rock

Fire > Grass > Water > Fire

Fairy > Dark > Rock > Fire
---
Official Amnesiac Darkrai of the Pokemon X Board
#5KK_the_SliderPosted 9/14/2013 12:11:34 PM
Why do the final stages need a secondary Triangle? No other gen has had the starters with 2 triangles.
#6D_BartPosted 9/14/2013 12:16:22 PM
KK_the_Slider posted...
Why do the final stages need a secondary Triangle? No other gen has had the starters with 2 triangles.

Generation 4 (almost).

There's also the point that Fennekin is pretty much confirmed to be part psychic. And it's rather likely that the other two are going to be either part fighting or dark.
---
Splash
#7Mudkip43Posted 9/14/2013 12:17:11 PM
First one.
---
3DS FC: 4940 5904 2568
#8JoJoX200Posted 9/14/2013 12:18:53 PM
Dark, Psychic, Fighting is fine, but switch Fighting and Dark. While I'd love Steel for Chespin, the second proposed triangle has some flaws that make me not support it:

- the 'triangle' here consists of Steel, Fairy, Fighting to hit the normaly SE starter SE with your secondary STAB. Works fine, until you realize that Chesping gets the shaft because Steel doesn't hit Fire/Fairy SE, while Fairy and Fighting do hit their intended targets SE.

- Fairy is a new, and therefore somehow special type. I like to compare it to Dragon, the other typing a starter never gets because it would throw off the balance. Give it to Fennekin and it will be more special than the other two, at least for this generation.

- Fennekin/Braixen was already shown using several Psychic type moves, which makes it way more likely that it'll get Psychic type added. There ARE non-psychics that learn Psychic type moves, but really, those trailers are presentation material. You think they'd deliberately use the same type of attack in several trailers if it didn't mean something? Pissing off fans is not a viable answer, as that goes against the idea of advertising and presenting.
---
http://jojodee.deviantart.com/ -- Fakemons and other stuff
#9ZTIger5Posted 9/14/2013 12:19:58 PM
Golurkcanfly posted...

The Rock-type would neutralize Fennekin's effectiveness against Chespin. The point of a secondary cycle is to make them strong against each other without interfering with the already established hierarchy of Fire-Grass-Water.
---
Playing: Fire Emblem Awakening, Pokemon White 2, Bioshock Infinite
I believe in everlasting life in Heaven.
#10GolurkcanflyPosted 9/14/2013 12:22:06 PM
ZTIger5 posted...
Golurkcanfly posted...

The Rock-type would neutralize Fennekin's effectiveness against Chespin. The point of a secondary cycle is to make them strong against each other without interfering with the already established hierarchy of Fire-Grass-Water.

Remember, we did have that messed up Pseudo-Triangle in Gen 4. So I wouldn't doubt if Game Freak did that again.
---
Official Amnesiac Darkrai of the Pokemon X Board