This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do people think electric pokemon's immunity to paralysis don't make sense?

#1DanMil05Posted 9/14/2013 2:07:09 PM(edited)
The main argument i keep hearing is that moves that aren't electric typed that cause paralysis (like Body Slam) should still effect it.

Well we have water moves that burn but doesn't effect fire types.
We have bug moves that can poison but doesn't effect poison types.
---
Pokemon Black FC: 0948 1415 0414 Daniel
#2Doctor_SpankyPosted 9/14/2013 1:29:04 PM
I think people are mostly just upset because it changes the metagame considerably, and any time anything changes the metagame people freak out (Fairy-type, MegaPokemon, Steel losing Ghost/Dark resistance, etc)
#3JustwanttolookPosted 9/14/2013 1:29:24 PM
there are no Ghost type attacks that burn. Will-O-wisp is a Fire type move
#4johnydrexelPosted 9/14/2013 1:31:26 PM
Because paralysis deals with nerve damage and not so much electrical thing-a-ma-bobs coursing around one's body, making "Bizz!" noises.
---
I just type crap that sounds legit.
#5DanMil05(Topic Creator)Posted 9/14/2013 1:33:36 PM
Justwanttolook posted...
there are no Ghost type attacks that burn. Will-O-wisp is a Fire type move

*facepalm* So many ghost pokemon know that move so much that i though it was a ghost type. Another example would be scald.
---
Pokemon Black FC: 0948 1415 0414 Daniel
#6JustwanttolookPosted 9/14/2013 1:35:47 PM
johnydrexel posted...
Because paralysis deals with nerve damage and not so much electrical thing-a-ma-bobs coursing around one's body, making "Bizz!" noises.

In the time between gen5 and gen6, Electric Pokemon developed a special nervous system that makes them immune to any kind paralysis. Have slept during Pokebiology lessons?
#7Sloth9230Posted 9/14/2013 1:35:53 PM
johnydrexel posted...

Nerves rely on electric signals. Motor drive is the same concept.
#8mnkboy907Posted 9/14/2013 1:38:50 PM
Justwanttolook posted...
johnydrexel posted...

In the time between gen5 and gen6, Electric Pokemon developed a special nervous system that makes them immune to any kind paralysis. Have slept during Pokebiology lessons?

In the sense of humoring this, what about Glare? That move literally just paralyzes enemies with fear.
---
http://i.imgur.com/z7h3ZVX.jpg
"First time I got punched in the face, I was like "oh no", then I was like "this is a story"."
#9The_Undying_84Posted 9/14/2013 1:40:22 PM
DanMil05 posted...
The main argument i keep hearing is that moves that aren't electric typed that cause paralysis (like Body Slam) should still effect it.

Well we have water moves that burn but doesn't effect fire types.
We have grass and bug moves that can poison but doesn't effect poison types.

All of those none Fire burning attacks involve heat/fire even though they're not technically Fire type. Example: Scald shoots super hot water. If dual type attacks were a thing, Scald would be Water/Fire. Same is true of freeze and poison, they all clearly involve cold or something. Also, there are no Grass moves that cause poison, although that could still make sense.

However, there are paralysis causing moves that have absolutely nothing to do with electricity.
---
PSN: TheUndying84
#10McmadnessV3Posted 9/14/2013 1:40:53 PM
mnkboy907 posted...
Justwanttolook posted...
johnydrexel posted...

In the sense of humoring this, what about Glare? That move literally just paralyzes enemies with fear.

Well, they do live in a world where they have invented a cure all for every status effect ever.
---
Thank you for taking the time to read this sig.
This sig loves you.