This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Team Nova Episode 3: Reign of Shadows

#1OsrangerPosted 9/14/2013 9:55:30 PM(edited)
Behold! The third episode of the amazing Team Nova RP is here!

Links to the older topics.
Concept and Planning: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67142720
Character Sign-Up: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67171627
Episode 1: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67184036

So the Premise via HDDeception

10 years after BW2, an organization called Team Nova has taken over the world. With a technology called StarBurst, they can take over the minds of almost any pokemon on a whim, even through their pokeballs. Trainers are useless. Most Gym leaders and Elite Four members are dead. Soldiers rose up to replace them. Weapons and technology are almost always preferred to a team of pokemon at your side.

StarBurst takes the form of an energy weapon, whether blasters, lightsabers, or halberds. NVE against a human, but instant mind screw to a pokemon. Only Legendary pokemon, or those with a very strong life-long bond to a human can hope to resist StarBurst. The more pokemon you carry, the more thin your bond with them is spread, hence you should probably only carry one. Two max.

There are three factions of resistance:

Xerneas: Team Plasma. They refuse to use StarBurst but will fight for peace regardless.
Mewtwo: What is left of the Pokemon League. They use StarBurst as a means to an end.
Yveltal: No formal organization. Those who seek the destruction of Nova at any cost are sought out by Yveltal to be his agents. Needs more members!

Nova is horribly OP, and pretty much nobody has a chance against one of the admins (Jay, Duncan, Celena) let alone the Leader (Maurice) one on one. They have the technology to wipe an island off the face of the Earth, and then some. GM and cyborg pokemon are not out of the question, but haven't really been explored yet.

Johto is Nova HQ, Kanto and Unova are also heavily guarded. Sinnoh and Hoenn less so. Orre is not under Nova control, and Kalos has been wiped off the map. Other regions haven't really been fleshed out yet.

Legendary pokemon are immune to StarBurst, but that doesn't mean people haven't captured them. You are allowed to have one as a partner, but not Ubers, and a lot have been spoken for. Off the top of my head, the ones available are:

Legendary birds, Mew, Legendary beasts, Lati@s, Crescelia, Heatran, Shaymin, Muskedeers, Weather Genies, and Meloetta.

As for trainers like Red, use them sparingly, but use them if you want. I don't exactly know who's taken so far, but ask and we'll let you know. For sure, Red, Blue, Ethan, Dawn, N, Alder, Benga, Steven, and Nate (BW2) are all either taken or dead.

Someone save this post as a catch-up to other new people should they appear. That was a long sum up.

Ready. Set. Go!
#2Cheesepower5Posted 9/14/2013 9:53:41 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#3HHDeceptionPosted 9/14/2013 10:07:07 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4protobakurionPosted 9/14/2013 10:25:40 PM(edited)
HHDeception posted...
Here's the character list.Please take the time to add your username/any alts you might be using to write with beside your character's name for reference.And let me know if I missed anyone.

If you're absent from the RP for at least 200 posts,your character will be classified as MIA.This allows you to still come back later,but means that the others active will just act like you disappeared.

Xerneas

Neal Ferre
Austin (Currently in Team Nova as Alex)

Mewtwo

Meridia Crystiana (GX1997)
Phineas Celeste (HHDeception)
John Doe
Brendan Reed
Grant Gallowglass

Yveltal

Xavier Vesta (Admin)

Team Nova

Jay Rayne (Admin)
Osric King
Jira

MIA

From Xerneas' group

Sahel
Pendragon

From Yvetal's group

Cliff Furnan

From Team Nova

Aaron Evergreen*
Samson Markins

Undecided

Hero X

Dead

Pinxed

*Mewtwo's spy who has infiltrated Team Nova

List of NPCs.Please help me by listing them,and reminding me which are dead and missing.Here's the list so far,based off what I remember us discussing in the planning topic.

Xerneas

N (Admin)
Wally

Mewtwo

Benga (Admin)
Hilda
Prof. Sycamore
Yancy

Yveltal

Silver (Admin)

Team Nova

Maurice (Leader)
Duncan (Admin)
Celena (Admin)
Dawn (Defect)

Unknown Alignment

Ethan
Looker

Missing

Red
Blue
Lucas
Cynthia
Lyra
Alder

Confirmed Dead

Nate
Hilbert
Steven Stone

---
Official Assassin of the Elder Scrolls Roleplay!
Official Porygon Z of the Pokemon X/Y Boards.
#5HHDeceptionPosted 9/14/2013 10:16:10 PM
(Proto...you added yourself to the npc list)

Desert Resort, Mewtwo Camp

Phineas's eyes lit up again.

"Alright then, lets be on our way!"

He opened the doors to the capsule, jumped inside and poked his head back out.

"Roger, get the team!"

Turning to Doe, he added

"You have Manaphy right? And bring along anyone you you want to join the expedition. I understand you're all a bit shellshocked now though so take your time."
---
Sound good?
#6protobakurionPosted 9/14/2013 10:26:48 PM
@HDD Fixed it.
---
Official Assassin of the Elder Scrolls Roleplay!
Official Porygon Z of the Pokemon X/Y Boards.
#7TepigSnivyPosted 9/15/2013 12:02:45 AM
protobakurion posted...
HHDeception posted...
Here's the character list.Please take the time to add your username/any alts you might be using to write with beside your character's name for reference.And let me know if I missed anyone.

If you're absent from the RP for at least 200 posts,your character will be classified as MIA.This allows you to still come back later,but means that the others active will just act like you disappeared.

Xerneas

Neal Ferre

Mewtwo

John Doe
Brendan Reed
Grant Gallowglass

Yveltal

Xavier Vesta (Leader)

Team Nova

Jay Rayne (Admin)
Osric King
Jira

MIA

From Xerneas' group

Sahel
Pendragon

From Yvetal's group

Cliff Furnan

From Team Nova

Aaron Evergreen*
Samson Markins

Undecided

Hero X

Dead

Pinxed

List of NPCs.Please help me by listing them,and reminding me which are dead and missing.Here's the list so far,based off what I remember us discussing in the planning topic.

Xerneas

N (Admin)
Wally

Mewtwo

Benga (Admin)
Hilda
Prof. Sycamore
Yancy

Yveltal

Silver (Admin)

Team Nova

Maurice (Leader)
Duncan (Admin)
Celena (Admin)
Dawn (Defect)

Unknown Alignment

Ethan
Looker

Missing

Red
Blue
Lucas
Cynthia
Lyra
Alder

Confirmed Dead

Nate
Hilbert
Steven Stone

Fixed.
---
White 2 - Nuzlocke Team Xavier (Eevee), Wade (Torchic) and Venus (Larvesta)
#8GolurkcanflyPosted 9/15/2013 12:05:17 AM
TepigSnivy posted...
protobakurion posted...
HHDeception posted...

Xerneas

Neal Ferre (The current N, Admin)

Mewtwo

John Doe
Brendan Reed
Grant Gallowglass

Yveltal

Xavier Vesta (Leader)

Team Nova

Jay Rayne (Admin)
Osric King
Jira

MIA

From Xerneas' group

Sahel
Pendragon

From Yvetal's group

Cliff Furnan

From Team Nova

Aaron Evergreen*
Samson Markins

Undecided

Hero X

Dead

Pinxed

Xerneas

Wally

Mewtwo

Benga (Admin)
Hilda
Prof. Sycamore
Yancy

Yveltal

Silver (Admin)

Team Nova

Maurice (Leader)
Duncan (Admin)
Celena (Admin)
Dawn (Defect)

Unknown Alignment

Ethan
Looker

Missing

Red
Blue
Lucas
Cynthia
Lyra
Alder

Confirmed Dead

N
Nate
Hilbert
Steven Stone

Fixed.

Fix'd 2: Electric Boogaloo.
---
Official Amnesiac Darkrai of the Pokemon X Board
#9TepigSnivyPosted 9/15/2013 12:15:44 AM
Also, to anyone who doesn't like Xaveltal, sorry. They WILL be un-fused in the final battle, if people don't like it that much....

Dear guy about the Mega-Stones, in case people haven't noticed, the mysterious stones and ring/necklace/gauntlet are Mega-Stones. I have Lucarionite, Absolite, Mawilite.
---
#10TepigSnivyPosted 9/15/2013 2:09:08 AM
The Cave Of Origins - Xavier

Xavier leaves the cave, being bowed to by all the members.

Xavier flies up into the air, trying to get used to his wings. He glides around, shooting balls of Psychic power into the air.

“Xavier! Come down here!” A voice yells.

Xavier lands beside Silver, who begins to speak.

“So, you're the new leader?” Silver announces.

“Well, I am I guess... It's kind of by default!” Xavier laughs.

“Well, I have to tell you something... In private. Yveltal and I were working on a plan, he was going to tell you after your mission... But I guess that didn't work out.”
---