This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

the other protagonists not being in PWT:THEY DIDN'T BECOME CHAMPIONS!?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. the other protagonists not being in PWT:THEY DIDN'T BECOME CHAMPIONS!?
3 years ago#1
What ya think?
NaughtyGhost, my fav person on gamefaqs. Props+forever=http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/vv335/NaughtyGhostGuy/may.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/user/Nerwrax15
3 years ago#2
Sure they did. They just didn't care to enter. Kinda like my protag in Gen V.
There is more than just Good and Evil, Light and Dark, Black and White. There's a myriad of colors that you won't see if you look at the world in two extremes.
3 years ago#3
I guess at least 1 protag per set of games is officially a Champion, just that since G/S was intended to be a continuation of Pokemon R/B/Y (and was called Pokemon 2 in development) only Red was actually mentioned by name and fought personally.

Generations 3, 4 and 5 has a problem with Schrodinger Characters, mostly due to Genders and who is the "main" Protagonist, doesn't bar the fact that linking up with the memories doesn't do anything, which is a shame, but again, it was probably done like that as to avoid the player from making a bad team in B/W then transferring THAT team into the PWT, making that match an anticlimactic battle.

Weirdly, if the BW Protag was a challenger in the PWT, there would've been 8 Champions to fight, rather than 7...there was even unused text in game for Hilda and Herbert.
RSN: Plucky9, Total: 2402. KoL: Plucky, currently a Pastamancer
ACNL/3DS FC: 4897-5920-6758 Ricky of Farm
3 years ago#4
Red is the only protagonist you actually get to fight.
That is why he is in PWT, but the others are not.

EDIT: There is also leftover data in BW2 suggesting that Hilda/Hilbert were meant to be fought in the PWT
3 years ago#5
They chose to stay at the Pokemon Leagues of their respective regions, letting Lance, Cynthia, etc. compete in the league.
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. the other protagonists not being in PWT:THEY DIDN'T BECOME CHAMPIONS!?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived