This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

the other protagonists not being in PWT:THEY DIDN'T BECOME CHAMPIONS!?

#1Nerwrax15Posted 9/15/2013 2:08:33 AM
What ya think?
---
NaughtyGhost, my fav person on gamefaqs. Props+forever=http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/vv335/NaughtyGhostGuy/may.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/user/Nerwrax15
#2RoleOfGSHCPosted 9/15/2013 2:11:53 AM
Sure they did. They just didn't care to enter. Kinda like my protag in Gen V.
---
There is more than just Good and Evil, Light and Dark, Black and White. There's a myriad of colors that you won't see if you look at the world in two extremes.
#3gamester_12345Posted 9/15/2013 3:49:48 AM
I guess at least 1 protag per set of games is officially a Champion, just that since G/S was intended to be a continuation of Pokemon R/B/Y (and was called Pokemon 2 in development) only Red was actually mentioned by name and fought personally.

Generations 3, 4 and 5 has a problem with Schrodinger Characters, mostly due to Genders and who is the "main" Protagonist, doesn't bar the fact that linking up with the memories doesn't do anything, which is a shame, but again, it was probably done like that as to avoid the player from making a bad team in B/W then transferring THAT team into the PWT, making that match an anticlimactic battle.

Weirdly, if the BW Protag was a challenger in the PWT, there would've been 8 Champions to fight, rather than 7...there was even unused text in game for Hilda and Herbert.
---
RSN: Plucky9, Total: 2402. KoL: Plucky, currently a Pastamancer
ACNL/3DS FC: 4897-5920-6758 Ricky of Farm
#4JustwanttolookPosted 9/15/2013 3:58:33 AM(edited)
Red is the only protagonist you actually get to fight.
That is why he is in PWT, but the others are not.

EDIT: There is also leftover data in BW2 suggesting that Hilda/Hilbert were meant to be fought in the PWT
#5LexifoxPosted 9/15/2013 4:22:30 AM
They chose to stay at the Pokemon Leagues of their respective regions, letting Lance, Cynthia, etc. compete in the league.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod