This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So when are we gonna see the Gen 5 is bad topics?

#1Reno_TarshilPosted 9/15/2013 2:57:25 AM
I mean 3 and 4 had their turns..
---
"Man who stand on toilet, is high on pot."
Official Genesect of the Pokemon X Boards!
#2LightningAce11Posted 9/15/2013 2:57:52 AM
1 and 2 are long overdue.
---
"Servant woman, bring me a drying cloth at once!" - Vegeta to Bulma
#3AlI_About_The_UPosted 9/15/2013 2:58:21 AM
During Gen VII
---
http://i.imgur.com/Fd6pTd6.jpg
#4Houou10Posted 9/15/2013 3:06:39 AM
Gen 4 and 5 were bad enough that people hated on them before they were even released.

If we are talking strictly Pokemon/character design-wise, I really hate Gen 6 as well.
#5MidnightCrewPosted 9/15/2013 3:09:36 AM
Houou10 posted...
Gen 4 and 5 were bad enough that people hated on them before they were even released.

If we are talking strictly Pokemon/character design-wise, I really hate Gen 6 as well.

I think that that is more indicative of the people who hated on them than the games.

However, much as I don't want to say it, from what I've seen of gen 6 so far... Reeeeaally not excited.
---
Official Scrafty Of The Black And White Clan, Official Misdreavus of The BW 2 Boards. Official Lorelei of the BW 2 Boards.
#6kaiser ryuPosted 9/15/2013 3:28:21 AM
Gen 5 is bad, though!
---
The Tales of series needs more love in America.
Won't change sig until Namco gets wise. Started: 9/8/06
#7ChaosMew161Posted 9/15/2013 3:42:40 AM
Houou10 posted...

No, the games didn't suck. That people exist who can hate on the games before they're even released is far more indicative of the people than it is the games or the designs.

"It's numbered higher than 251, therefore it sucks!!!" - most people who hated on gen 4/5 before their release
---
When it comes to Pokemon, I like Generation V over Generation I. Flame me.
3DS Friend Code: 2406-5121-4760 (PM me if you added me with your FC!)
#8robinhoekPosted 9/15/2013 4:02:18 AM
Gen 5 was bland to me honestly. The series has been growing stagnant but Gen 5 was the first time I felt it actually took a step back. I liked only a small handful of Gen 5 Pokemon, disliked the C-gear, the evil organization, characters and the region as well. I have had friends that felt similiar but who stuck it out and eventually it grew on them but to me it just felt very bland and I had other games in my backlog to get through so I decided to set it aside and skipped B2/W2 altogether.

From what I've seen of X and Y it looks as if I'm finally getting an installment that I can legitimately feel excited about. The Gen 6 Pokemon have been a higher quality design wise than most of gen 5 IMO and the Mega evos have retained the charm of the original Pokemon quite well (I wish Magmortar, Ryperior, etc had accomplished the same).

tldr: Didn't give gen 5 a fair shake. Thought it was bland. Gen 6 looks excellent.
#9HoundoomedPosted 9/15/2013 4:05:06 AM
We already got them.
---
Dot dot dot
. . .
#10LenneValkiryePosted 9/15/2013 4:11:43 AM
I think you missed all those topics about BW1 sucking because they wanted to copy RBY, by restricting Gen 1-4 pokemon till postgame.