This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ice is definately the worst type now.

#71Twilight_SonataPosted 9/15/2013 10:21:47 PM
Xandrew posted...
Xandrew posted...
so is the worst type combo Ice/Normal or Ice/Bug?

COMBO

Some people include mono-types when discussing type "combos" in general. =P
If you're not, then I'd guess Normal/Bug.
#72XandrewPosted 9/15/2013 11:00:59 PM
Twilight_Sonata posted...
Xandrew posted...
Xandrew posted...
so is the worst type combo Ice/Normal or Ice/Bug?

COMBO

Some people include mono-types when discussing type "combos" in general. =P
If you're not, then I'd guess Normal/Bug.

Oh. Thank you :) Yes, a Normal/Ice insect pokemon who only learns Bug type moves with Dry Skin ability would be the worst
---
absence of proof is better proof against than for.
#73LenneValkiryePosted 9/15/2013 11:43:27 PM(edited)
person_pitch posted...
Ice "types" do not beat dragons, since most have fire coverage moves. Ice "Moves" beat dragons.

Ice moves without STAB don't beat Dragonite, Latias and YacheChomp, that's for damn sure.
Whoever said Mamoswine would be better without its Ice STAB couldn't be more wrong. Donphan is the living proof that you need STAB on that move, otherwise you're a complete joke. Rapid Spin is literally the only reason Donphan isn't a bottom NU pokemon.
#74Viridipalm_userPosted 9/16/2013 2:21:06 AM
Twilight_Sonata posted...
Slayerblade11 posted...
Normal is still going to be the worst type.

This. The worst type a Pokemon can be is pure-Normal.

Hm? You sure? Its not.
There are a lot of normal pokes that do well. And most are Pure
Arceus (EKiller the most)
Blissey
Chansey
Swasbuck
Porygon Z
Porygon2
Togekiss
Staraptor
Swellow

In UU - Ubers

Those are at the top if my head.

I just wish GF gave more to Ice types. So far they made Amaura. Though the pokemon's type is pretty bad. No, VERY bad....Its ability is something Kyurem-B, and other STAB lacking Ice types.

I disagree. Fairy types wont't take that advantage out. People would REALLY miss those x4 hits
---
Come at me bro! http://tinyurl.com/l7hpz6z
FC's and Lists in mah Quotey! Member of the ABC. ABC Jobs: 11
#75Twilight_SonataPosted 9/16/2013 2:41:23 AM
Viridipalm_user posted...
Hm? You sure? Its not.
There are a lot of normal pokes that do well.

I'm not saying that a pure Normal-type can't do well. Typing is not such a critical factor that it absolutely alone will make or break a Pokemon. Stats, move pool, and ability matter too. Including some Pokemon that are good, therefore, doesn't make the type itself not awful. No pure Normal-type Pokemon that excel do so because of their typing but rather in spite of their typing, whether that be through fantastic stats, move pools, abilities, or whatever else. The best thing that pure Normal typing does for those Pokemon is stay out of the way and not actively hinder what it is that they're good at. Even ExtremeSpeed Arceus, probably your best case, is more a side effect of wanting to use Arceus with an actual item. I won't deny that Normal STAB can be desirable in the lower tiers, but it's just not something that anybody cares enough to want above that exactly because of how subpar Normal is as an attack type.
#76radred2004Posted 9/16/2013 2:50:26 AM
SettaWorldTeeth posted...
PrettyTonyTiger posted...
I'm tired of people saying fairy took away ices only advantage of beating dragons!!

Most dragons are paired with flying and ground so they still get hit 4x by Ice!!! Ice is still superior against dragon!!

But fairy types don't have to worry about outrages and draco meteors which makes them more effective. Not to mention they have better matchups with other types making them more appealing. It also doesn't take away from the fact that you can just use a water type with an ice move since nearly all water Pokemon have access to them.

This. You won't get stab, but it's still serviceable to do this.
---
White: Daisy 1550 0892 3564 Gold: Gold 3268 1023 8138