This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you feel bad for people who has no choice but to play an "outdated" game?

#1AboveTopSecretPosted 9/15/2013 8:21:41 AM
I remember seeing this Nigerian transfer student back in 8th grade playing Silver while everyone had RS. When I ask him about RS he said his family couldn't afford it, so I ended up giving him a copy of Ruby and my GBA.

...don't know why I did it...seeing as I had no GBA to play Sapphire at the time, but the SP was just around the corner.
---
Salt causes Diabetes.
#2P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 9/15/2013 8:24:22 AM
Of course, unless they enjoy it. Plus, the difference between Silver and RS wasn't incredibly drastic. But yeah, I'd feel bad.
---
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
#3Rayquaza_is_ZPosted 9/15/2013 8:25:17 AM
No. If they can't afford it and are unable to play it that's their loss. Tell that person to find a job, cus I'm not gonna just give away a $200 device and a $40 game just to anyone.
---
http://i.imgur.com/EOXWVm0.jpg Do you wanna be cool? Join the Reservoir Dragons! Support Draceon for 2013!
#4_pigzigaccount5Posted 9/15/2013 8:26:37 AM
oldie but a goodie
---
BEASTモードPIGZIGPIGZIGPIGZIGPIGZIG PIGZIG PIGZIG PIGZIG PIGZIG PIGZIG
PIGZIG PIGZIG PIGZIG
#5bonannPosted 9/15/2013 8:33:18 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#6Moohaha2Posted 9/15/2013 8:41:29 AM
Rayquaza_is_Z posted...
No. If they can't afford it and are unable to play it that's their loss. Tell that person to find a job, cus I'm not gonna just give away a $200 device and a $40 game just to anyone.

ITP: Everyone without the luxury of being able to afford an expensive hobby is a jobless, lazy, bum who just doesn't want to work.
---
Geno, Ridley, Paper Mario, Masked Man, Shulk, Waluigi for Smash Bros U!
3DS FC: 0130-3243-3829 AC:NL Dream Address: 5300-2634-7525
#7cloud_8f8fPosted 9/15/2013 8:46:32 AM(edited)
Rayquaza_is_Z posted...

Wow. That is seriously messed up.

I'm still using a non-smartphone because I can't afford a smart phone right now. Does that make me a lazy, jobless bum? No. I have a job.
---
Official Cloud Strife of the Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy Board
Official Reshiram of the Pokemon X and Y Boards
#8Rayquaza_is_ZPosted 9/15/2013 8:46:40 AM
bonann posted...
Rayquaza_is_Z posted...

If they were older, yeah. But an 8th grader? You just sound like a dick.

I gave away my SP to a really really good friend of mine cause he couldn't afford it. He also had family troubles so it was the least I could do. My kindness was returned later in the form of a NDS Lite though.

Well you see, that's the thing...you are friends with the person you gave it too. I'm not just going to give away something I earned with my own money to a random stranger just because they couldn't afford it.
Plus, it's not that hard to make money. Mow your neighbors lawn, clean their yard or do some community service. I had a few hundreds of dollars saved up when I was in middle school. There's no reason anyone else can't. Sorry, I'm just being honest.
---
http://i.imgur.com/EOXWVm0.jpg Do you wanna be cool? Join the Reservoir Dragons! Support Draceon for 2013!
#9M4karovPosted 9/15/2013 8:47:26 AM
Sometimes it's fun to play the older games. I have a silver game going in my gameboy color.
#10cloud_8f8fPosted 9/15/2013 8:50:34 AM
Rayquaza_is_Z posted...
bonann posted...
Rayquaza_is_Z posted...

If they were older, yeah. But an 8th grader? You just sound like a dick.

I gave away my SP to a really really good friend of mine cause he couldn't afford it. He also had family troubles so it was the least I could do. My kindness was returned later in the form of a NDS Lite though.

Well you see, that's the thing...you are friends with the person you gave it too. I'm not just going to give away something I earned with my own money to a random stranger just because they couldn't afford it.
Plus, it's not that hard to make money. Mow your neighbors lawn, clean their yard or do some community service. I had a few hundreds of dollars saved up when I was in middle school. There's no reason anyone else can't. Sorry, I'm just being honest.

This is true. However, if you can afford another one and can afford to give it up, why not?
---
Official Cloud Strife of the Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy Board
Official Reshiram of the Pokemon X and Y Boards