This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you feel bad for people who has no choice but to play an "outdated" game?

#11VIIVincentPosted 9/15/2013 9:01:26 AM
Rayquaza_is_Z posted...
No. If they can't afford it and are unable to play it that's their loss. Tell that person to find a job, cus I'm not gonna just give away a $200 device and a $40 game just to anyone.

only the first part of this i agree. the second part is up to anyone's decision.
---
The end is nigh! *continues playing game*
#12bonannPosted 9/15/2013 11:17:47 AM
Rayquaza_is_Z posted...
bonann posted...
Rayquaza_is_Z posted...
No. If they can't afford it and are unable to play it that's their loss. Tell that person to find a job, cus I'm not gonna just give away a $200 device and a $40 game just to anyone.

If they were older, yeah. But an 8th grader? You just sound like a dick.

I gave away my SP to a really really good friend of mine cause he couldn't afford it. He also had family troubles so it was the least I could do. My kindness was returned later in the form of a NDS Lite though.

Well you see, that's the thing...you are friends with the person you gave it too. I'm not just going to give away something I earned with my own money to a random stranger just because they couldn't afford it.
Plus, it's not that hard to make money. Mow your neighbors lawn, clean their yard or do some community service. I had a few hundreds of dollars saved up when I was in middle school. There's no reason anyone else can't. Sorry, I'm just being honest.

Okay, remove "really really good friend". Knew the kid since first grade, never talked to each other like that until 8th grade. We haven't talked since 9th.
---
3DS: 4313 - 0687- 5263 | AC: NL Town: Aries
#13fallenKlNGPosted 9/15/2013 11:23:21 AM
For the time being, no because people can easily use "free" methods to play any of the games up to 5th gen.
---
3DS Friend Code: 2449-4639-6561
#14ExcIusivity69Posted 9/15/2013 11:44:15 AM
Not really, especially since many people do it voluntarily, and a good game will always remain a good game, no matter how old it becomes.
---
When did "casual player" become an insult? -Taizuku
The real question is "When did hardcore gamer become a compliment/aspiration?" -JMBoote