This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Food for thought in relation to the final starter evolutions

#21FuneralCakePosted 9/15/2013 4:54:27 PM
How is that dense? Because I don't like it, I am not allowed to say I don't want to use it? I only have to use the best Pokemon because they are competitively good, no matter what I think of them otherwise?

And that's even assuming it does end up being derpy. If for some reason it ends up being cool looking and is an amazing Pokemon, then sure, I will have no problems using it.

I use Ferrothorn all the time, and I love it, but I don't see what that has to do with anything.
---
YOU WANT SOME FUNERAL TO GO WITH THAT CAKE?
http://i.minus.com/ibeTNBZS1C6k9v.gif
#22yuppsta(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2013 5:05:04 PM
FuneralCake posted...
How is that dense? Because I don't like it, I am not allowed to say I don't want to use it? I only have to use the best Pokemon because they are competitively good, no matter what I think of them otherwise?

And that's even assuming it does end up being derpy. If for some reason it ends up being cool looking and is an amazing Pokemon, then sure, I will have no problems using it.

I use Ferrothorn all the time, and I love it, but I don't see what that has to do with anything.

My accusations of you being dense on the subject, is because it seems as if you've already deemed it unworthy due to its unattractive design. This is why I have brought up ferrothorn. He has a derpy design, yet he is extremely worthy as a member on your team.

"Even if it's a good Pokemon in the end, I probably still won't use it."
I am curious to know if you had said the same thing about Ferro when you had just seen his design, prior to using him.
My point is, you might be able to utilize him, whether or not if his design is appealing.
---
B2Fc: 2280 6835 5900
#23FuneralCakePosted 9/15/2013 5:08:57 PM
I think Ferrothorn looks cool. Derpy is far from what I would use to describe Ferrothorn. That was a bad example for you to use.

Basically, I will only use Pokemon if I think they look cool, or if they look cool and are good. I can't think of any time where I've used a Pokemon just because it was good competitively, even though I hated everything else about it.

With more than 700+ Pokemon to choose from, I am not going to be missing out by not wanting to use one Pokemon, which, again, might miraculously end up being cool.

Also, the fact that Chespin is a starter will probably mean it won't be useful competitively. Not all of the starters are bad, but most of them are just simply mediocre at best.
---
YOU WANT SOME FUNERAL TO GO WITH THAT CAKE?
http://i.minus.com/ibeTNBZS1C6k9v.gif
#24yuppsta(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2013 5:12:57 PM
FuneralCake posted...
I think Ferrothorn looks cool. Derpy is far from what I would use to describe Ferrothorn. That was a bad example for you to use.

Basically, I will only use Pokemon if I think they look cool, or if they look cool and are good. I can't think of any time where I've used a Pokemon just because it was good competitively, even though I hated everything else about it.

With more than 700+ Pokemon to choose from, I am not going to be missing out by not wanting to use one Pokemon, which, again, might miraculously end up being cool.

Also, the fact that Chespin is a starter will probably mean it won't be useful competitively. Not all of the starters are bad, but most of them are just simply mediocre at best.

I respect your opinion, and I'm not attempting to badger you in any way shape or form.
I also understand that each individual has their own method of building teams. I was just simply trying to comprehend why you have no desire to use a singular pokemon.
Sorry for grinding your gears.
---
B2Fc: 2280 6835 5900
#25Mewtwo_soulPosted 9/15/2013 5:13:45 PM
No thanks.

Also, am I the only one who doesn't want Froakie's final evo to look like an old sage? I know people love Super Mario RPG, but quite frankly I'd love it to be a true ninja-esque look. without being "old."

On the others, blurg. No thanks. I don't know what I expect Fennekin's final evo or Chespin's but I hope they're far better than fan designs.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#26CakeOfLiesPosted 9/15/2013 5:14:51 PM
Mewtwo_soul posted...
No thanks.

Also, am I the only one who doesn't want Froakie's final evo to look like an old sage? I know people love Super Mario RPG, but quite frankly I'd love it to be a true ninja-esque look. without being "old."

Nope. I agree with you. I hate the idea of him becoming an old sage.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 3139-7420-3142 - THIEF