This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Better type combo? Normal/Steel or Dragon/Bug or Fairy/Fighting

#1XandrewPosted 9/15/2013 7:42:17 PM
Type chart wise. And, which would you rather use if given the choice in abilities.
---
absence of proof is better proof against than for.
#2Mcis1979Posted 9/15/2013 9:20:55 PM
Normal steel: a bulldog with a bigass chain attached to it like it escaped but is bipedal maybe itsevolved form carries a lock attached to the end like a mace and the females carry a key.
Dragon bug: a huge ass black locust with red ominous eyes and w/ Vespiquens sigature moves
Fairy fighting: A special based pokemon thats a dove made to protect humans. Uses aura sphere and focus blast

The fairy fighting type honest.
#3Mcis1979Posted 9/15/2013 9:21:27 PM
Normal steel: a bulldog with a bigass chain attached to it like it escaped but is bipedal maybe itsevolved form carries a lock attached to the end like a mace and the females carry a key.
Dragon bug: a huge ass black locust with red ominous eyes and w/ Vespiquens sigature moves
Fairy fighting: A special based pokemon thats a dove made to protect humans. Uses aura sphere and focus blast

The fairy fighting type honestly
#4fissionprimerPosted 9/15/2013 9:23:54 PM
Normal/steel is going to the kill by them punches.

Dragon/Bug sounds like a cool type.
---
Sorry for my grammar, I'm typing on Ipad.
#5PikaleyPosted 9/15/2013 9:52:34 PM
Xandrew posted...
Type chart wise. And, which would you rather use if given the choice in abilities.

dragon/bug sounds like flygon imo lol
---
3ds fc - 4983-5114-5815, Name: Brad
Official Pikachu and MegaPikachu of the Pokemon X Board
#6MetleonPosted 9/15/2013 10:03:49 PM
Normal/Steel: Gets killed by Fighting attacks. Normal doesn't seem to offer much offensively or defensively.
Dragon/Bug: Hits a silly amount of things SE in Ubers. Good excuse for a Tinted Lens Dragon-type, which isn't broken anymore due to Fairy.
Fairy/Fighting: Dual resistance to Dark and Bug is nice. Probably a good offensive Pokemon.

Assuming reasonable Abilities, I think I'd take the Dragon/Bug with Tinted Lens. Only things that truly resist both its STABs are Fairy Pokemon that are also Flying, Fighting, Steel, or Ghost.
---
Generation 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your own signature (on any forum) and add one to the generation number. Social experiment.
#7BelligeroPosted 9/15/2013 10:07:32 PM
Normal/Steel is an inferior Fairy/Steel but also crippled by 4x Fighting weakness. Why bother?

Bug/Dragon sounds like a fun typing, but both stabs will get walled by Fairy and Steel.

Fighting/Fairy going to be one of the top balanced offensive and defensive typings. Good coverage, good resistances, few detrimental weaknesses.
#8abcDSBTPosted 9/15/2013 10:28:08 PM
Mcis1979 posted...

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Honest

Fairy/Fighting indeed.
---
That light at the end of the tunnel might be a train.
3DS FC: 1977-0538-5534
#9TeknoOdinPosted 9/15/2013 10:36:53 PM
well before gen 6 Ghost/ dark was the best combo since it had no weakness really (only weakness was fighting and bug on dark side but ghost counteracts that) ...but my fav was ghost/dragon because i liked giratina
---
pokemon black friend code : 4641 9926 8931
psn TeknoOdin
#10KeyserVancePosted 9/15/2013 10:46:11 PM
abcDSBT posted...
Mcis1979 posted...

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Honest

Fairy/Fighting indeed.

This was my first thought.
---
Diamond Friend Code - KEYSER, 2921 9164 8828
SoulSilver Friend Code - KEYSER, 1634 6957 5881