This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would you give up a turn in battle if you could...

#1bakkahentai8600Posted 9/15/2013 8:43:36 PM
...use, let's say the pokedex for a turn to scan an opposing pokemon that will tell you it's nature, characteristic, ability, stats, type, and weaknesses? And if it was for wild Pokemon only so it couldn't be used against trainers and it doesn't tell you the movepool.
---
Previously the_sage2600
I'm baaaacccckkkkk
#2Krio Lv3Posted 9/15/2013 8:46:01 PM
Yes
---
Taylor Lautner - Giving me strength since the New Moon
#3JiriliciousPosted 9/15/2013 8:48:58 PM
I'm surprised we can't.
---
Black 2 FC: Krystal - 4427 9698 9639
#4andsoitendsPosted 9/15/2013 8:54:10 PM
Was going to say yes, but then you said ONLY for wild Pokemon and decided NO.
---
Why are spiders born with the knowledge to spin webs? F*** you. That's why. - MWNP
#5lloyd0117Posted 9/15/2013 8:55:14 PM
instead of that id prefer if upon meeting a pokemon we havent seen before, our pokedex pops up and we get that cool dex anaysis like in the first season of the anime....
---
"when I'm in the process of doing something, I do it not because I think it's worth doing, but because I'm trying to MAKE it worth doing."
#6ZTIger5Posted 9/15/2013 8:56:56 PM
Oh, for the love of everything that's holy and awesome, absolutely.
---
Playing: Fire Emblem Awakening, Pokemon White 2, Bioshock Infinite
I believe in everlasting life in Heaven.
#7Dark_EinherjarPosted 9/15/2013 8:57:45 PM
After I disable it with a sleep move, yes.
---
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals."
-Sirius Black
#8PentaoPosted 9/15/2013 8:59:25 PM
That would make the Pokedex a hell of a lot more important to the game than a secondary flavor text database. I mean sure it's still used by a lot of gamers, but the Pokedex (and completing it) has never really felt all that integrated into gameplay other than "catch stuff and talk to the prof for free crap," which was less about actually using the 'dex and more about just hitting numbered checkpoints.
---
"Religion keeps pressing B when we try to evolve." - pirategeorge"
[3DS FC: 1934-0673-9848 (Pentao)]
#9MaplesGrandGMPosted 9/15/2013 8:59:40 PM
Yes, because all JRPGs should have a "scan" type of ability, and the Pokedex pretty much screams it, yet they haven't bothered to give it an in-battle use, which makes far less sense than having a Pokemon that looks like Ice Cream.
#10GolurkcanflyPosted 9/15/2013 9:00:47 PM
MaplesGrandGM posted...
Yes, because all JRPGs should have a "scan" type of ability, and the Pokedex pretty much screams it, yet they haven't bothered to give it an in-battle use, which makes far less sense than having a Pokemon that looks like Ice Cream.

What if ice cream looks like Vanilluxe?
---
Official Amnesiac Darkrai of the Pokemon X Board