This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So does Pokemon-amie replace EVs?

#1EternalNetherPosted 9/15/2013 9:49:08 PM
Or is it a way of gaining EVs on your Pokemon? I've heard different things on this and yet none of it from a remotely reliable source. I've never done EV training before though I've played every Gen except III. I just never really wanted to get into it. I dislike the randomness, the fact that it's hidden, etc. But I'm hearing that Pokemon-amie will be the new way to boost your stats, effectively replacing EVs altogether.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0619-3902-4035
Pokemon White Friend Code:0433-9592-2992
#2SOLDIER_BankaiPosted 9/15/2013 9:53:34 PM
"Amie" doesn't appear to have anything to do with EVs. "Super Training" however is definately that. Now, it probably doesn't replace EV training, but is rather just another way to go about it, like the dojos and restaurants from Join Avenue. You'll most likely still be able to go about it the traditional way of getting EXP from pokemon. The big thing to do with EVs this gen is that we'll be able to check them, effectively eliminating their status as a "hidden value".
#3EternalNether(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2013 9:59:21 PM
SOLDIER_Bankai posted...
"Amie" doesn't appear to have anything to do with EVs. "Super Training" however is definately that. Now, it probably doesn't replace EV training, but is rather just another way to go about it, like the dojos and restaurants from Join Avenue. You'll most likely still be able to go about it the traditional way of getting EXP from pokemon. The big thing to do with EVs this gen is that we'll be able to check them, effectively eliminating their status as a "hidden value".

Hmmm, I assumed 'amie' contained super training. Or that they were one and the same. It'd be nice for people like me that dislike the old way of doing EVs. Did they confirm that we can check them now and they won't be totally 'hidden' from us?
---
3DS Friend Code: 0619-3902-4035
Pokemon White Friend Code:0433-9592-2992
#4jayman7Posted 9/15/2013 10:04:46 PM(edited)
Yes, there are these hexagon-shaped grids that show your EVs. It's not in exact numbers, but it's still far more than we've ever seen them officially before.

EDIT: Here's a screenshot. The yellow portion represents the EVs:

http://serebii.net/xy/ct2.jpg
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#5SOLDIER_BankaiPosted 9/15/2013 10:01:53 PM
Yes, being able to track EVs is the big draw, and is confirmed as you can see from the Super Training Page on Serebii. http://www.serebii.net/xy/supertraining.shtml