This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your reaction, CleFAIRY does not get Fairy type

#21GilgameshSwords(Topic Creator)Posted 9/16/2013 7:57:51 AM(edited)
Lexifox posted...
I'm aware of the egg group, etc. (though IIRC the Japanese name isn't actually "Fairy" but eh). I'm just getting tired of people focusing on the English names when assigning Pokemon traits and potential typing/evolution.

Pippi in Japanese, which according to Bulbapedia, could be a shortening and repetition of Pixie. Pixies being very closely related to fairies in tales, and Clefable is Pixy.
---
http://www.techieanalyst.net/index.php?/index
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/9346/hellraiseriii3hellonear.jpg
#22plasmawisp1713Posted 9/16/2013 8:12:43 AM
I'm expected GF to troll us by keeping it a normal type, actually.
---
Wii U Nintendo Network: Lightzeaka
3DS Friend Code: 4296-4396-5385
#23LexifoxPosted 9/16/2013 12:37:49 PM
GilgameshSwords posted...
Lexifox posted...
I'm aware of the egg group, etc. (though IIRC the Japanese name isn't actually "Fairy" but eh). I'm just getting tired of people focusing on the English names when assigning Pokemon traits and potential typing/evolution.

Pippi in Japanese, which according to Bulbapedia, could be a shortening and repetition of Pixie. Pixies being very closely related to fairies in tales, and Clefable is Pixy.

1. "Could be".
2. You specified the English name and only brought up the Japanese name when everyone else used argued it.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#24MM125Posted 9/16/2013 12:43:30 PM
My reaction: Hasn't this topic been made enough?
---
Oooh, MM, he be tryin' you, dawg. He be tryin' you. Best mind you biiiiiiiz-ness. ~KMA
*triple z snap* ~AluminumTicket
#25fuzi11Posted 9/16/2013 12:45:38 PM
Lexifox posted...
Lexifox posted...

1. "Could be".
2. You specified the English name and only brought up the Japanese name when everyone else used argued it.

interesting, the german names are the japanese names.
#26patkelly929Posted 9/16/2013 1:04:59 PM
All I know is if Blissey gets Fairy typing, it's going to be more of a defensive monster. No more Fighting Type SE...
---
"Gary was here. Ash is a loser!" = Greatest Tramp Stamp Ever
Green & Blue Bird, this is Mr. Fabulous, we are a go for cheesin' it. - Bender
#27FalxXDPosted 9/17/2013 7:19:02 PM
Lexifox posted...
Lexifox posted...

1. "Could be".

Pippi is a shortening of the word pixie, it does not translate from Japanese because its not japanese at all. The only language it would translate from would be Swedish, in which it means "quirk."

Based on the fact that they call it the "fairy" pokemon. It's called cle"fairy". The Japanese name is pixie shortened and made cute. The American names are pretty accurate for determining much about pokemon, to deny that and act as if we're ignorant for thinking so is just trollish.
---
Official Magikarp of the pokemon boards.
3ds friend code: 0216-0976-7778
#28Gsus_94Posted 9/17/2013 7:33:32 PM
I hope Clefable will become pure Fairy type rather than normal/fairy.
---
3DS FC: 0473 7779 6792
ACNL: Melo from Besaid