This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Mewtwo vs jean grey.

#11The_DragonwPosted 9/16/2013 12:36:27 AM
And Arceus has less attack than an eagle. How and why?
---
White Friend Code: 1764 2206 9014
The official Shadow Lugia of the Pokemon X/Y boards
#12chaoshadouPosted 9/16/2013 12:50:26 AM
CA0001 posted...
Jean Grey does indeed have potential, but she never ever achieved it without the Phoenix's help.

And in this topic there's no Phoenix involved.

Can Jean Grey use Flame Thrower, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Earthquake etc.? No she can't, she is purely psychic and Mewtwo is strong against that as well.

You cannot have Jean w/o the PF, they are fundamentally the same being, this was predetermined, as such Jean is always the PF. And no, she was pretty much omega level before the PF finally decided to truly inhabit her body. Even Xavier was astounded by her abilities. The PF just turned her from obnoxious to a potential multiversal being.

Twilight_Sonata posted...
To be fair, the Pokemon games are kind of bad at giving us a sense of consistent scale of what Pokemon are actually capable of. I mean, Dialga and Palkia supposedly control Time and Space respectively, and they just have Special Attack stats of 150, 4 points less than Mewtwo.

Doesn't really matter, as even with their ability to manipulate those aspects, their range is limited to a dimensional level(apparently not a very large one I might add). With minor access to PF Jean is already a universal entity, with full access she's multiversal, and with no access she has the range of at least planetary in range and power, and that's lowballing the estimation.
---
Awesome series, please support the VN ps3 localization http://petitiononline.com/umineko1/petition.html
http://www.facebook.com/OperationGoldenLand
#13LazorFistPosted 9/16/2013 12:55:29 AM
chaoshadou posted...
CA0001 posted...
Jean Grey does indeed have potential, but she never ever achieved it without the Phoenix's help.

And in this topic there's no Phoenix involved.

Can Jean Grey use Flame Thrower, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Earthquake etc.? No she can't, she is purely psychic and Mewtwo is strong against that as well.

You cannot have Jean w/o the PF, they are fundamentally the same being, this was predetermined, as such Jean is always the PF. And no, she was pretty much omega level before the PF finally decided to truly inhabit her body. Even Xavier was astounded by her abilities. The PF just turned her from obnoxious to a potential multiversal being.

Twilight_Sonata posted...
To be fair, the Pokemon games are kind of bad at giving us a sense of consistent scale of what Pokemon are actually capable of. I mean, Dialga and Palkia supposedly control Time and Space respectively, and they just have Special Attack stats of 150, 4 points less than Mewtwo.

Doesn't really matter, as even with their ability to manipulate those aspects, their range is limited to a dimensional level(apparently not a very large one I might add). With minor access to PF Jean is already a universal entity, with full access she's multiversal, and with no access she has the range of at least planetary in range and power, and that's lowballing the estimation.

I believe TC is referring to Jean before she can access her Phoenix powers like the X-Factor or early to mid 90's incarnations. How would Gold Team Jean Grey fare against Mewtwo?
#14Twilight_SonataPosted 9/16/2013 1:01:49 AM(edited)
chaoshadou posted...
Doesn't really matter, as even with their ability to manipulate those aspects, their range is limited to a dimensional level (apparently not a very large one I might add).

If you have any citation for this? Actually, don't answer that, because even if you do, Pokemon is so inconsistent across its various versions that I'm sure another citation could be found easily to contradict it. That was more the problem that I was trying to address is that we have no reasonable way of discussing how powerful these kinds of Pokemon really are.

Then again, comic book universes with all of their recons and such are just as bad if not worse, the powers of the Scarlet Witch coming to mind immediately, so I guess we can't really have much of an idea on that end either. Still, if pressed for an answer, I would favor Jean Grey, if only because comic books are much more prone to exaggerating the powers of their characters than Pokemon are.
#15CA0001Posted 9/16/2013 1:04:55 AM
I don't think we want to start breaking down to which era of comics, which series, which writer and such to define exactly which Jean Grey we are talking about.

And TC already specified the movie version, without Phoenix, so in this context most of us think that Mewtwo would win in a fight.
---
FC: 0518 8972 2483 (Black) 0046 9893 2351 (White2)
#16Doctor_SpankyPosted 9/16/2013 1:19:33 AM
Now that I think about it, the answer to this question, and the answer to every "Who would win in a fight?" scenario is:

Depends on who's writing it.
#17fuzi11Posted 9/16/2013 1:20:22 AM
Doctor_Spanky posted...
If she doesn't have the Phoenix Jean doesn't stand a chance. Isn't she one of the weaker telepaths without it? I know hey telekenisis is nothing to write home about

Of course with the Phoenix she's atomizing entire planets

with the phoenix she can create and destroy universes and can easily defeat Galactus. I doubt she cares much for mere planets.
#18gules222Posted 9/16/2013 1:20:44 AM
Doctor_Spanky posted...
If she doesn't have the Phoenix Jean doesn't stand a chance. Isn't she one of the weaker telepaths without it? I know hey telekenisis is nothing to write home about

Of course with the Phoenix she's atomizing entire planets

Actually, without the Phoenix Force, Jean is still an Omega-level mutant and an extremely powerful telepath.
---
Currently Playing: Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMix
Waiting to Play: MGSV, Pokemon X/Y, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS
#19Twilight_SonataPosted 9/16/2013 1:24:43 AM
Doctor_Spanky posted...
Now that I think about it, the answer to this question, and the answer to every "Who would win in a fight?" scenario is:
Depends on who's writing it.

Pretty much this.