This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pokemon representatives for Smash Wii U/3DS

#1NewAgeDoomPosted 9/16/2013 3:36:38 AM
We ALL know Pikachu's gonna be in it (Mascot character), what other species would you like to see in it?

I personally would like to see Lucario return from Brawl.
---
PSN Handle: NewAgeDoom
#2Doctor_SpankyPosted 9/16/2013 3:37:40 AM
They should put Quilladin in
#3GL10Posted 9/16/2013 3:39:59 AM
Lucario + Mewtwo + Jigglypuff.

I always felt the Trainer to be too much of an hassle to work with, so I don't really care if he's in or not.
---
Before you complain about the lag, keep in mind that Jesus had to wait three days to respawn!
#4NewAgeDoom(Topic Creator)Posted 9/16/2013 3:41:31 AM
GL10 posted...

I always felt the Trainer to be too much of an hassle to work with, so I don't really care if he's in or not.

This is the ONLY time I will argue in favor of Jigglypuff, because she was Smash 64's "Joke" character. Legacy characters need to stay
---
#5WTFNightmarePosted 9/16/2013 3:41:55 AM
Pikachu mewtwo Pokemon trainer are the only ones in 100 percent.

The creator said he doesn't want to bring back all old characters so I feel jiggs is gone.. but maybe one more new pokemon who knows.
---
I'll Teach You Fear
#6RX02BansheePosted 9/16/2013 3:42:31 AM
I imagine we'll get Mewtwo and the return of Pokemon trainer (perhaps using Mega Evolutions exclusively).

Jigglypuff will return, and Lucario will find himself dumped as they have to cut down on clones due to the stupid 3DS version.
---
Official Piplup of the Pokemon X board.
If a video game needs to sell more than a million copies to break even it has problems.
#7WTFNightmarePosted 9/16/2013 3:42:35 AM
NewAgeDoom posted...
GL10 posted...

This is the ONLY time I will argue in favor of Jigglypuff, because she was Smash 64's "Joke" character. Legacy characters need to stay

She wasn't added as a joke..... Pikachu and jigglypuff were the most popular pokemon back then in japan.............
---
I'll Teach You Fear
#8RotomGuy3Posted 9/16/2013 3:43:04 AM
Golurk and Frogadier's evolution.
#9NewAgeDoom(Topic Creator)Posted 9/16/2013 3:44:53 AM
RX02Banshee posted...
I imagine we'll get Mewtwo and the return of Pokemon trainer (perhaps using Mega Evolutions exclusively).

Jigglypuff will return, and Lucario will find himself dumped as they have to cut down on clones due to the stupid 3DS version.

The ONLY reason people think Lucario is a clone of Mewtwo from melee is because of Shadow Ball/Aura sphere. Their play styles are COMPLETELY different. Mewtwo wanted to avoid people as much as possible, Lucario involves getting in and having as much CQC as possible.
---
#10Twilight_SonataPosted 9/16/2013 4:18:30 AM(edited)
WTFNightmare posted...
Pikachu mewtwo Pokemon trainer are the only ones in 100 percent.

I've not seen any footage of Mewtwo or Pokemon Trainer, though I may be behind.

The creator said he doesn't want to bring back all old characters so I feel jiggs is gone.

Not a chance. Jigglypuff (this isn't a text message; type out the whole goddamn word like an adult) was one of the original characters and is massively popular overseas. It will almost definitely return.

As for new Pokemon, I'm going to assume a representative from the newest generation, like how Lucario was added because it was a highly promoted 4th gen Pokemon or how Pichu was in Melee because of 2nd gen, but there haven't been any similarly highly-promoted 6th gen Pokemon. So, my guesses will be:
A) Sylveon - I lied a couple of sentences ago. This has been a highly-promoted 6th gen Pokemon, certainly the most highly-promoted one. I would have reservations about a non-humanoid combatant just because of the whole question about holding items, but Ivysaur already proved that wasn't a problem. This could be pretty great, and it's Final Smash could summon all of the other eeveelutions!
B) Mewtwo - Not a 6th gen Pokemon and technically a returning character, but it'll have something now that it didn't used to have: Mega Evolutions. Mewtwo with its Mega Evolutions have probably been the most highly-promoted 6th gen things other than the new Pokemon themselves and more than even most of them. It'd be a way to cater to nostalgia by going with an older Pokemon while still introducing elements of the latest games.