This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

do u sometimes want to just play like a kid?

#113121987Posted 9/16/2013 3:05:48 AM
Sometimes I do. So I am teaching my in game Charizard Slash/Solar Beam/Fire Blast/Fly

Sometimes the best way to enjoy a game is to play like a child I think.
#2N-K-SPosted 9/16/2013 3:08:57 AM
I like looking at my brothers team and seeing his haxorus knowing drago dance, dragon pulse, dragon claw and giga impact......He's 21 and still plays like a kid :P
#3Zadios765Posted 9/16/2013 3:11:59 AM
Well what's the point in playing a game if you can't play it how you want to have fun
---
Be excellent to each other...Party on Dudes-wise words of Bill and Ted
Official Haxorus of Team Noir
#4jakovuPosted 9/16/2013 3:14:09 AM
13121987 posted...
Sometimes I do. So I am teaching my in game Charizard Slash/Solar Beam/Fire Blast/Fly

Sometimes the best way to enjoy a game is to play like a child I think.

4 moves of different types? IMPOSSIBLE!
#5Doctor_SpankyPosted 9/16/2013 3:50:18 AM
"Playing Pokemon like an adult" is an oxymoron
#6XWolfOPosted 9/16/2013 3:52:41 AM
Whether I want it or not doesn't matter because I'm forced to either way.
---
Woof...
#7EmpirorPosted 9/16/2013 3:57:02 AM(edited)
If having really awkward movesets is the way you "play like a kid" I don't think you'll get that much fun out of it. However, that's up to you not to me :P

One way that could work is just staying away from any spoilers in the game regarding gym leaders, the E4, and the full dex and just leaving things up to exploration for awhile. That's how I plan to do it :)
---
Pokemon Black fc-5243 1202 3802 Megaman Rj fc:2493 5945 5724 Yugioh 2010 4383 3896 9610
http://stevenjobs101.wordpress.com/<---visit my blog :u!
#8MaplesGrandGMPosted 9/16/2013 3:58:00 AM
Doctor_Spanky posted...

Actually, it's not, since only immature nobodies, see playing Pokemon, as childish. Seeing as how so many adults actually play Pokemon, it's a norm for adults to play. If it's a norm, then either the phrase "playing Pokemon" or just Pokemon in general, being in a sentence with the word "adult," isn't at all an oxymoron.

This, of course, would be assuming you meant to use the word incorrectly, to suggest that playing Pokemon, isn't an adult thing to do, to begin with. As none of the words in that sentence, inherently contradict each other.

As for the topic, I don't play competitively, so if you define; "playing as a child," as not playing competitively, then that's how I play regularly. As, I only play to win. Which means, straight, and to the point. I will not use stat inducing moves, unless I'm catching Pokemon, so it's common for my Pokemon to all have 4 attacks, usually with type variations, so I don't have to switch until one faints. Usually, I mostly solo with the starter, and then if I feel like it, I train to complete the Pokedex.
#9Doctor_SpankyPosted 9/16/2013 4:05:03 AM
MaplesGrandGM posted...
Doctor_Spanky posted...

Actually, it's not, since only immature nobodies, see playing Pokemon, as childish. Seeing as how so many adults actually play Pokemon, it's a norm for adults to play. If it's a norm, then either the phrase "playing Pokemon" or just Pokemon in general, being in a sentence with the word "adult," isn't at all an oxymoron.

This, of course, would be assuming you meant to use the word incorrectly, to suggest that playing Pokemon, isn't an adult thing to do, to begin with. As none of the words in that sentence, inherently contradict each other.

Yeesh. It is a series aimed towards kids. It's a little childish for us to keep playing it as adults, but that's not necessarily bad. Isn't that why we still play it, to satiate our inner child?
#10fallenKlNGPosted 9/16/2013 4:21:02 AM
Doctor_Spanky posted...
MaplesGrandGM posted...
Doctor_Spanky posted...

Yeesh. It is a series aimed towards kids. It's a little childish for us to keep playing it as adults, but that's not necessarily bad. Isn't that why we still play it, to satiate our inner child?

Here's a flame shield. You're gonna need it pal.
---
3DS Friend Code: 2449-4639-6561